Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Should I release it? :)  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:54:51 PM by Vedad1944 »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Should I release it? :)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
Y
E
S

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
Hell yeah you should.

I've actually got an idea for a minimod... how about having only one ranged weapon, which uses your health as ammo?
Should give the game some difficulty and making certain places harder to pass through.
The rest of the weapons (crowbar and physgun) should be available, as they are pretty much the core weapons of HL2.
First question: is it possible to make a custom weapon that drains your health? Probably not.

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »
Hell yeah you should.

I've actually got an idea for a minimod... how about having only one ranged weapon, which uses your health as ammo?
Should give the game some difficulty and making certain places harder to pass through.
The rest of the weapons (crowbar and physgun) should be available, as they are pretty much the core weapons of HL2.
First question: is it possible to make a custom weapon that drains your health? Probably not.
Nope, I tried looking in the lasergun script and it does not say anything about ammotype. I was planning to use it in my mod and it would draw suit power for ammo, instead i just settled for CustomAmmo2 :)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
Hell yeah you should.

Nope, I tried looking in the lasergun script and it does not say anything about ammotype. I was planning to use it in my mod and it would draw suit power for ammo, instead i just settled for CustomAmmo2 :)

Crap.
Then it has to be a feature in SMMOD

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
Hell yeah you should.

Crap.
Then it has to be a feature in SMMOD

Health/Suit as ammo? I like it.

Offline Pile_up

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pile_up has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:39:05 AM »
Indeed you should. That looks pretty damn good i must say. And i noticed the postal dude voice aswell. Any possible chance of releasing both?
And one because i have ammo left....

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »
Hell yeah you should.

Code: [Select]
bind mouse1 "+hattack"
alias +hattack "+attack, hurtme 5; give item_ammo_custom2"
alias -hattack "-attack"
// do this and make it so item_ammo_custom2 give you 1 round by editing the cfg
// you would have to use a custom selection system to turn on or turn off the script
// much like in crylife

rough draft, might do something similar
MLG