Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Been a while... Need help on what i'm missing with CSS SCI FI 3  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Pile_up

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pile_up has no influence.
Been a while... Need help on what i'm missing with CSS SCI FI 3
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »
Not sure if this is the correct place to post. If not i apologise in advance. But it's been quite a while since i've played around with source and such. And as of recently i went on CSS SCI FI 3 HARDWIRED. and noticed it would load. But. I'd get errors and that there of the like. And i used the fix to fix the mounts after the updates. But i get all the maps. With some object errors here and there. But i noticed my favourite map. Drugsbust. Wouldn't work. And nor will office or half of the maps now. I spawn. But above the map with no guns or npc's or options, aka. No hud. And on drugsbust. I immediately drop dead and the mission quits....

Has anyone else been keeping up or trying to fix CSS SCI FI? As i wouldn't mind playing it again. but no matter what fixes i attempt it does the same... or the whole map shows as errors and i die instantly. Does anyone know a fix?

Or could someone post the fixed version? If there isn't then damn. But anyways. Thank you for reading. And i'm just hoping it can be fixed ^^;
And one because i have ammo left....

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Been a while... Need help on what i'm missing with CSS SCI FI 3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
We're not really in charge of CSS SCI FI. You would need to go ask the author himself to fix it.

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
Ah. Tis a shame. As he gave up updating it i do believe. I just thought someone might have tinkered with it here due to seeing all those smod fixes for steampipe. Thanks anyways though.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
Have you edited the mapadds or tried to use them in another SMOD?

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »
Mapadds? Unfamiliar i apologise. And haven't tried them in any other smod yet so i guess i could give that a crack later on. And like i said. Only happens on some maps. But now. On all maps, no hud, can't sprint, no quick kick just slow walking with no enemies. Or events.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
Mapadds? Unfamiliar i apologise. And haven't tried them in any other smod yet so i guess i could give that a crack later on. And like i said. Only happens on some maps. But now. On all maps, no hud, can't sprint, no quick kick just slow walking with no enemies. Or events.
The mapadds are probably messed up. Check yer mapadd directory (it's at the root of your SMOD mod, where materials, models sound etc. are located)

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »
Any clues as to what i should be looking for if they are messed up?

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
Any clues as to what i should be looking for if they are messed up?
It's very basic. Just follow this:
1) find out the map name that is messed up (missing textures and models are not included)
2) go to <yer smod directory>/mapadd/<messed up map name>.txt
3) copy/paste the entire script here and I'll check it out

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »
Sadly pretty much all of the maps are now broken. Every one i've been on no hud no kick just slow walking. And no npc's. But here's one of the lua files. To see if you can get the idea of whats going on. And if anything else i can see is screwed up i'll take a peek into it and see if i can fix any lua files. But. Here it is. Well. One of the 30 or so broken maps.

And i didn't find a way to upload thing directly. And copying the code would make a long post so i uploaded one of the 30 lua files onto mediafire. Only problem i see is its saying it can't find the common lua in the initialize section and no node list
found. With a: You may need to reinstall message. And oddly enough. When i do install this mod. I install it to my I drive. (my secondary in my steam steamapps sourcemod folder) then when it asks where to install the counterstrike source custom maps it claims that my counterstrike is in my downloading folder even though its updated and if i tell it to go to my common and proper counterstrike folder it has a wobbler and says that doesn't look like my css folder. Anyways.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7l8ft1a69b6l3jt

Offline Comrade

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
Sadly pretty much all of the maps are now broken. Every one i've been on no hud no kick just slow walking. And no npc's. But here's one of the lua files. To see if you can get the idea of whats going on. And if anything else i can see is screwed up i'll take a peek into it and see if i can fix any lua files. But. Here it is. Well. One of the 30 or so broken maps.

And i didn't find a way to upload thing directly. And copying the code would make a long post so i uploaded one of the 30 lua files onto mediafire. Only problem i see is its saying it can't find the common lua in the initialize section and no node list
found. With a: You may need to reinstall message. And oddly enough. When i do install this mod. I install it to my I drive. (my secondary in my steam steamapps sourcemod folder) then when it asks where to install the counterstrike source custom maps it claims that my counterstrike is in my downloading folder even though its updated and if i tell it to go to my common and proper counterstrike folder it has a wobbler and says that doesn't look like my css folder. Anyways.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7l8ft1a69b6l3jt
I said not LUA files, but TXT. I don't even need those LUA files, I believe...

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Offline Comrade

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
Oh shit. My bad. Sorry ^^; Here. http://www.mediafire.com/view/8wp068t4upju4px/cs_drugbust.txt
Holy crap, this is pretty complicated.
I'm sorry, but I just can't solve this. It could be anything... the least I can recommend you is to double check that the mapadds actually load.

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
Damn... Well hey. You tried and that i thank you for. And i'll see if i can do anything. I just can't seem to find anything actually Screwy here, but all i see that is screwy is the fact lua.common can't be found regardless of it being in the correct location in the lua file. But as for txt i don't see any problems. As for console. The only thing it stated is broken or a error is about 2 prop locations. Nothing more.

Offline Rook

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Rook has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »
I've been working on a fix for a couple of days. Life's been throwing distractions my way though, 'cause it's rude like that.

What I have is promising so far, though way more kludgy than I'd like. I can only do so much when Valve changes its main archive format, with no way of tweaking SMOD to accomodate that change. Give me a week and I'll let you know how it goes.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:00:33 PM by Rook »

Offline Pile_up

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:47 PM »
Life does like to throw things randomly XD And ah i see, well i'm looking forward to it ^^ Thank you very much sire!