Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Been a while... Need help on what i'm missing with CSS SCI FI 3  (Read 8729 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Re: Been a while... Need help on what i'm missing with CSS SCI FI 3
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »
I think you're looking too hard into why these problems are happening. The reason CSS SCIFI does not properly work anymore is because it was never converted to use SteamPipe's file paths. Copying mapadds won't fix that. The best way I can think of is applying the SteamPipe fixes from this into CSS SCIFI, but you'd have to replace and modify a few files (gameinfo.txt and addcontents.txt mainly).

I'd take a shot at fixing it myself, but fitzroy_doll personally requested that I not modify CSS SCIFI for public or even private usage, so my hands are tied. :-\

Offline Pile_up

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pile_up has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »
I tried the steamfix and addcontents and gameinfo but to no avail :c
And one because i have ammo left....

Offline Rook

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Rook has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »
I'd take a shot at fixing it myself, but fitzroy_doll personally requested that I not modify CSS SCIFI for public or even private usage, so my hands are tied. :-\

Hm. The way I was going about things, I've been writing a script that makes needed changes on its own, rather than a .zip full of changed files. I figured that'd make it easier to host, and tweak later as needed.

If he's that protective of his work (which is perfectly understandable), I'll try shooting him an e-mail once I'm done fiddling with it and see what he thinks before I do anything. Kudos for the info.  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:19:03 AM by Rook »

Offline gpgpgpgp

• gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »
Reason for No Hud or No sprinting: The player is not spawned with item_suit. Use console command "give item_suit"

Reason for sudden death on finishing load the map: The "info_player_start" is missing in the mapname.txt or function SpawnGordon() is not properly called in the mapname.lua. Maybe mapadd is messed up?

Reason for No NPCs: The mapname.txt/lua is not running at all?! Use console command "disable_loadmapadd  0"
 or Map Missing Nodes? in that case the game should automatically drop out to start menu due to Debug codes by the author...

If 1.mapadd is good; 2."disable_loadmapadd" is already "0"; 3. You do not experience being suddenly dropped out of game to start menu upon finishing loading a CSS SCI FI map with console saying "common.lua/Nodes not found" etc
then Your Css Maps (in cstrike/maps folder) are probably of new source 2007 version thus not compatible with old source 2006 engine, which CSS SCI FI is based on. In that case, if you can find de_dust.bsp or de_dust2.bsp in your CSS SCI FI/maps folder, try loading them in your CSS SCI FI mod. Use console command "map de_dust" or "map de_dust2". See if these 2 maps work. If you can't find these 2 maps in your CSS SCI FI mod maps folder, patch the latest patch from the CSS SCI FI moddb site.

The more information you give, the easier it'll be to find out the problem.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:35:43 AM by gpgpgpgp »

Offline Pile_up

• Pile_up has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:30:56 AM »

Well if he's protective of it then that's fine. I respect that he wants to keep his work unmodified and re-released.
Tis a shame. And i'll give that a bash gpg.
And one because i have ammo left....

Offline 4KingAl

• 4KingAl has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
Has anyone been able to get this working yet ??

Offline gpgpgpgp

• gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
Well. The only known way to get all Smods perfectly working is to run them in a standalone hl2 engine. I won't tell you how to make one with steam files, just go googling it. Damn. I've said too much.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
I love this mod so much but the stock weapons totally sucks so I added like 50+ custom weapons just to satisfy myself.
I'm running this on either an offline non steampipe (yeah I kept mine totally outdated and intact before that steampipe update) or a hl2 homemade standalone. This mod is the main reason why I even bothered installing and keeping steam in the first place.

The other reason is to play CSS with iron sights well atleast css maps along hl2 AI.
Really wish smod could be integrated to the old non orange box version of css which btw I do have a copy of.
Smod custom weapons + CSS bots and gameplay, that would be nice!
Like this hehe...
http://youtu.be/SlpiWvQl5rE
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:23:21 AM by IronCore »
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline IronCore

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »

Don't bother....it still works on my end in a very simple set-up. For the uninitiated the installation is the bummer now but tnkfully I have one fully extracted already + the css maps since CSS SCI fi has been taken down from it's moddb page anyone who wants it just pm me.

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 12:09:35 AM »
with the smod standalone fix this all should be working normal right?

Offline IronCore

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 05:13:21 AM »
as in 100% normal?...may be only 50-70% from what I've read of people who tried.

IMFO...Fritz Droll should just simplify the installation as in a simple repack of the whole css sci fi folder on simple zip file no fancy installation process totally independent so people can make it run on whatever technique they know.

IT'S REALLY SIMPLE RUNNING SMOD OR ANY SMOD variant....even today!!!...if you know how and look beyond.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
with the smod standalone fix this all should be working normal right?

Running this on SMOD Standalone, can't see anything out of the ordinary. Seems to work flawlessly for me.

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
yeah thats what i mean. havnt got any problem when i run any smod with standalone either. :D