Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD Tactical and SMOD Tactical Project Life - Engine error  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Kbeam

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Kbeam has no influence.
SMOD Tactical and SMOD Tactical Project Life - Engine error
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
Hi to all. I have had the SMOD Tactical and SMOD Tactical Project Life on my living room PC for some time mainly for experimenting with the freeaim and wii controller (great fun). It worked all right with the HL2 single player. I have only the HL2 + Ep1&2 installed.
However, I opened HL2 recently on that PC and it updated to Steampipe. After that I get an engine error 217, I think it is linked to CS:S files missing. I downloaded the piped version, but it shows the same message :(
I can run the piped version of SMOD 40a on my other PC, which also has only HL2 + Ep1&2 installed. I am out of ideas.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: SMOD Tactical and SMOD Tactical Project Life - Engine error
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
217 stand for Hammer editor (I'm probably wrong, anyway)
Try redownloading Source SDK and Source SDK 2006,
Verifying game cache (HL2 , and both SKD) might help too

Also, if you don't own Counte-Strike:Source, you need to remove it's "entry" in scripts/addcontents.txt
just comment out the CS:S part or simply remove it.

Hope it helps ;)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Kbeam

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Pepsifan. I am sorry, I got the error message number wrong. It is 236.
It says MountFilesystem (236) failed : SteamMountFilesystem(2068,236,0x9a9fd58=,0x9a9fc48) failed with error 5: No CS online with App 236 Ver 1
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_7L0fiUQpSYaHBOMk05ZzYtRFE/edit
Where can I download the two SDKs? Sorry for the lame question :) The furthest I got in experimenting with HL2 mods was the freeaim console command :) This might be the reason for my problem, because I remember Source SDK 2006 had installed automatically before on my computer that runs the piped version of SMOD Tactical with no problem.
I will try the other advise after I install Source SDK 2006. So, where can I download Source SDK 2006 from?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Pepsifan. I am sorry, I got the error message number wrong. It is 236.
It says MountFilesystem (236) failed : SteamMountFilesystem(2068,236,0x9a9fd58=,0x9a9fc48) failed with error 5: No CS online with App 236 Ver 1
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_7L0fiUQpSYaHBOMk05ZzYtRFE/edit
Where can I download the two SDKs? Sorry for the lame question :) The furthest I got in experimenting with HL2 mods was the freeaim console command :) This might be the reason for my problem, because I remember Source SDK 2006 had installed automatically before on my computer that runs the piped version of SMOD Tactical with no problem.
I will try the other advise after I install Source SDK 2006. So, where can I download Source SDK 2006 from?
You MUST install Source SDK 2006 in order to make SMOD work properly.
You can find it under Library, then click on the ALL GAMES and select TOOLS. Source SDK Base 2006 should be somewhere at the bottom of the list.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »
You MUST install Source SDK 2006 in order to make SMOD work properly.
You can find it under Library, then click on the ALL GAMES and select TOOLS. Source SDK Base 2006 should be somewhere at the bottom of the list.
both "tools" are free so no worries about that.
After you have installed them, run each one at least once before running SMOD,

Soure SKD will launch a small greenish window, you can close it after it shows up,
and "Source SDK 2006" will launch like a normal Source game, just choose "quit"(or exit, I don't remeber) after it loads
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Kbeam

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 05:48:51 AM »
Great, it worked :) I had actually had the SDK 2006 and 2007 on that PC, but somehow they did not get updated to steampipe together with HL2 and I had to click on them as suggested above in order to convert them to the steampipe version.
Thanks a lot, that seems to be the only forum with actually knowledgeable people :)