Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (I think I'm onto something) SMOD just shit itself  (Read 7121 times)

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
(I think I'm onto something) SMOD just shit itself
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
So I downloaded SMOD Tactical because the one I'd saved on my flashdrive had apparently become corrupt according to Winrar, put in the Steampipe fix and started playing. At first I noticed a few wrong things: The knife didn't make sounds, friendly NPCs didn't interact with me, and some weird lag spikes. I stopped playing after like 10 minutes because I got stuck at the part where you meet the Vortigaunt and the citizen in the train car because they did nothing. I started it up again today to find that lots of things were great big "ERROR"s and v_models missing, including previously mentioned errors. I installed all HL 2 games including deathmatch, CS:S and CS:GO, and also Portal and DoD:S for safety. I don't need to update them, because they were Steampipe when I download them.

now wtf dose i do gyze
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:43:05 PM by PaiCrai »
smignature

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: SMOD just shit itself
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
So I downloaded SMOD Tactical because the one I'd saved on my flashdrive had apparently become corrupt according to Winrar, put in the Steampipe fix and started playing. At first I noticed a few wrong things: The knife didn't make sounds, friendly NPCs didn't interact with me, and some weird lag spikes. I stopped playing after like 10 minutes because I got stuck at the part where you meet the Vortigaunt and the citizen in the train car because they did nothing. I started it up again today to find that lots of things were great big "ERROR"s and v_models missing, including previously mentioned errors. I installed all HL 2 games including deathmatch, CS:S and CS:GO, and also Portal and DoD:S for safety. I don't need to update them, because they were Steampipe when I download them.

now wtf dose i do gyze

Try to run SMOD Tactical without the SteamPipe fix.
Chances are you don't have Source SDK Base 2006 installed.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »
It's actually pretty funny how I can run SMOD without owning HL2 with no problems at all, and you guys have HL2 and shit and still have more problems than me. It should be the reverse.
Try to check if ai_norebuildgraph is set to 0. If it is, set it to 1 (if there are no nodegraphs for a map, the game is going to rebuild them, but you will get rid of NPC's doing nothing)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:47:20 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
smignature

Offline Comrade

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »
stuff

I have Source SDK 2006 installed.
Then extract HL2 VPK's into the SMOD Tactical folder, that just has to work.
Keep in mind that some of the maps will crash your game, they're made for the newer version of the engine.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
Antivirus, you probably should avoid talking "arrr" lest you want to walk the plank.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »
...what did I say wrong?

Offline IronCore

• IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »
Hehe mind will never be broken of bugged out coz I made a smod+variants standalone. Steam/valve can't touch my smods anymore  :P
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
stuff

Keep in mind that some of the maps will crash your game, they're made for the newer version of the engine.

I moved all the HL2 VPK files into the SMOD T folder, it didn't do much. Uninstalling the fix worked, though.

BUT! The custom maps are all checkerboards and wireframes... Grenades are big "ERROR" signs that immediately stick to NPCs and kill them, some weapons don't start with ammo etc. What the fuck is happening?
smignature

Offline Comrade

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
stuff

I moved all the HL2 VPK files into the SMOD T folder, it didn't do much. Uninstalling the fix worked, though.

BUT! The custom maps are all checkerboards and wireframes... Grenades are big "ERROR" signs that immediately stick to NPCs and kill them, some weapons don't start with ammo etc. What the fuck is happening?

I think SMOD doesn't load CSS files.
Which means that you have to install the SteamPipe fix, but only fix CSS mounts. Which means that you have to leave HL2 mounts alone.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »
stuff

I think SMOD doesn't load CSS files.
Which means that you have to install the SteamPipe fix, but only fix CSS mounts. Which means that you have to leave HL2 mounts alone.
Did nothing.
smignature

Offline Comrade

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 02:40:25 PM »
Umm... then I'm out of ideas.
You could try to extract the CSS VPK's into SMOD. Same method.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »
Umm... then I'm out of ideas.
You could try to extract the CSS VPK's into SMOD. Same method.

Doesn't work either. I might just have fucked up the gameinfo and addcontents thing, I don't know.
smignature

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »
smignature

Offline Comrade

Re: (pls gif mor halp) SMOD just shit itself
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »
umm... wtf is that
I had the same issues once, never solved them. Sorry, I really can't help you at all.