Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Lack of shadows on some css maps  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Lack of shadows on some css maps
« on: November 26, 2013, 06:01:43 PM »
On some css maps shadows for all dynamic objects (npcs, items, objects etc) won't appear for some reason and some floor shadows are messed up. This happen only to some as most map display shadows without problems. Is there some internal conflict with some smod setting? I have tested if dynamic lights might be responsible, but with no results.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Lack of shadows on some css maps
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »
On some css maps shadows for all dynamic objects (npcs, items, objects etc) won't appear for some reason and some floor shadows are messed up. This happen only to some as most map display shadows without problems. Is there some internal conflict with some smod setting? I have tested if dynamic lights might be responsible, but with no results.
Sounds like the issue people have when they use real-time scopes. Do you have any weapons with them?

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
None, could it then be related to screen effects? It sounds like it would be an issue related to it in that case.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
Update: I have tried to shut off various screen effects with no results. Is there anything I am missing here?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
It's map related I belive, some props might have disabled shadows to save "performance", note that all stock CSS maps have prop shadows, and custom maps not always.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
It's map related I belive, some props might have disabled shadows to save "performance", note that all stock CSS maps have prop shadows, and custom maps not always.

I thought that was the case, but in the case of cs_xmas the shadows on a wooden floor texture (woodfloor005a) are messed up in areas and at times they shift. I have experimented with the texture to see if I could remove some value on the texture itself with no results.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:39:26 PM »
are you using subviewcam?

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »
are you using subviewcam?

Set to zero. In some cases cfg options are shut off with 2 or other numbers. Is this one of those cases? The wiki strangely holds no information about this.