Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD: Alternate Realism mod log  (Read 20968 times)

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
Re: SMOD: Alternate Realism mod log
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
BIG NEWS

I've thought about it and I think I will create this for SMMOD, not SMOD. Given the capabilities SMMOD will have over SMOD, I think it's a wise decision. however, that means that the mod won't be released very soon (much of the planned features aren't even implemented, hordes of bugs too). That isn't a very big problem, since this project is going to be extensive and it would take a long time to develop, even if it was based upon SMOD.

Also, I believe that it will be a push for SirMasters to continue developing his mod.

Anyway... Since I believe SMMOD allows for pretty much unlimited amounts of weapons, I want to know what weapons would you like to see in this mod. Please, do not include AR-15 variants and other Western guns unless it's REALLY NECESSARY. (hl2 is in eastern bloc huh)
Hmm... I'm interested, but I wont resume coding SMMOD till my school year is over.
._. I love coffee.

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »
I was busy deleting weapons with similar properties in my smod mod recently. Since "weapon_category" feature prevents the player from fully testing every weapon of the same category and compare them carefully to choose which to use. Why not just make a bunch of distinctive weapons instead of a whole lot of alike. My smod mod uses only 20 custom weapons now, and I don't feel anything lost in the testing experience. Point is: No need for unlimited amounts of weapons. Anyway, it's good to hear you're still developing Smod: AR, Antivirus_404.

Edit: BTW, Sirmasters, could you teach me how to setup Source SDK 2013? I wish to help after my semester is over.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:08:38 AM by gpgpgpgp »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »
I was busy deleting weapons with similar properties in my smod mod recently. Since "weapon_category" feature prevents the player from fully testing every weapon of the same category and compare them carefully to choose which to use. Why not just make a bunch of distinctive weapons instead of a whole lot of alike. My smod mod uses only 20 custom weapons now, and I don't feel anything lost in the testing experience. Point is: No need for unlimited amounts of weapons. Anyway, it's good to hear you're still developing Smod: AR, Antivirus_404.

Edit: BTW, Sirmasters, could you teach me how to setup Source SDK 2013? I wish to help after my semester is over.

Of course, I don't want to create a mod with 100+ weapons, I just want to... maybe create a new list of guns that people would like to see in the game.

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:49 AM »

Code can be located here https://github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013, the hammer and other SDK tools is located in <Drive and programs folder>\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\. There is no launcher and you may need to edit some *.bat files.
._. I love coffee.

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2014, 01:17:07 AM »
Wonderful. That's another reason to pick up c++ again.