Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: weapon installation  (Read 994 times)

Offline Hotrod77

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Hotrod77 has no influence.
weapon installation
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:37:46 AM »
Hello I was hoping someone could help me.  I pretty new at this sort of thing so any assistance is appreciated.  I recently downloaded the smod 40/a.  The mod works fine but I wasn't sure on how exactly to install some of the custome weapons you have on here.  Specifically the m41a-2  (big aliens fan).  I checked out the general installation instructions, but they were outdated and they didn't make a lick of sense to me.  So if someone can explain it to me in very specific terms

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: weapon installation
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »
Hello I was hoping someone could help me.  I pretty new at this sort of thing so any assistance is appreciated.  I recently downloaded the smod 40/a.  The mod works fine but I wasn't sure on how exactly to install some of the custome weapons you have on here.  Specifically the m41a-2  (big aliens fan).  I checked out the general installation instructions, but they were outdated and they didn't make a lick of sense to me.  So if someone can explain it to me in very specific terms

i'm pretty sure those installation instructions are not outdated, the installation procedure for custom weapons never changed from the inception of SMOD (i'm probably wrong here)

okay, so what's not clear?
there are these three directories "materials,models,sound", you drag'n'drop them into your SMOD directory. that's as simple as that. however, the "scripts" directory may need some editing. inside, you can see two files "weapon_custom19", but here's a problem. if you do the same thing AND if you already have a weapon_custom19, it's going to overwrite whatever custom weapon was there. so if that's the case, you need to rename the file.

and there's the game_sounds_weapon_m41a. you need to preload this file in the game_sounds_manifest file, which can be found in the scripts directory. once you open it, you need to add this line to the bottom of the script (not after the closing bracket })

preload_file    scripts/game_sounds_weapon_m41a.txt

and you should be good to go!