Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Lua still working?  (Read 7374 times)

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
Lua still working?
« on: February 06, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Lua in SMOD at the moment. All of a sudden, none of my clients seem to want to load Lua files for maps that have them.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Lua still working?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Lua in SMOD at the moment. All of a sudden, none of my clients seem to want to load Lua files for maps that have them.

Already been discussed, Onemanshow's solution is to set the game name to "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD" in the gameinfo.txt

Offline Rook

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Rook has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
Already been discussed, Onemanshow's solution is to set the game name to "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD" in the gameinfo.txt

That solution may work for One, but it never did for me. I've been stuck with a dead project for weeks, and it sucks because I was ready to wrap it up just before the year's end.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
it's an old mod, it's bound to loose all working features as steam and valve loves to break things new or old...look what's happening to the latest csgo updates.

better work on your smod mod using a hl2 standalone free from the clutches of steam.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
better work on your smod mod using a hl2 standalone free from the clutches of steam.

stop

I'm starting to get tired of you saying this on EVERY post.
We know that, okay?

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »
It's been a while since I visited this site let alone SMOD. That really sucks. So, mods like CSS Sci Fi are completely screwed, pretty much? Is an alternate solution still being researched?

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
it's an old mod, it's bound to loose all working features as steam and valve loves to break things new or old...look what's happening to the latest csgo updates.

But it'll be considered warez if he did that and the rules for the forums state that a discussion/link about that is disallowed. But I do agree that SMOD (SDK 2006) is broken due to updates, SDK 2013 seems completely intact though , no dates when SMMOD will resume development (The LUA issue is starting to motivate me to start coding again soon though, just need to de-rust myself back into C++). :-X
._. I love coffee.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »

Sadly, this seems to have broke too. All the methods I've tried to fix LUA in the past don't work anymore.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »

Sadly, this seems to have broke too. All the methods I've tried to fix LUA in the past don't work anymore.

Oh snap. So what is this, the end to those incredible map customization opportunities? Do we even know what caused Lua to break?

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 03:48:35 AM »
The more I think about this, the more pissed I get. They've practically ruined one of my favorite aspects about Smod, that being auto-generated NPC wars. This is really upsetting stuff. I feel like we're witnessing the beginning of Smod's death throes. Who knows what else those windbags will do to screw things up.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Does renaming the fodler to SMOD still fix it?

Offline Comrade

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »
The more I think about this, the more pissed I get. They've practically ruined one of my favorite aspects about Smod, that being auto-generated NPC wars. This is really upsetting stuff. I feel like we're witnessing the beginning of Smod's death throes. Who knows what else those windbags will do to screw things up.

I really don't want to say this, but I think IronCore is right about that standalone SMOD thingy.

Thank god I have retail.

Commence accelerated development of SMMOD.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:34:44 AM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
As in purchasing a HL2 CD? This creates its own sourcesdk directory, right?

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »
yeah i have goty retail cd as well but who wants to do all that.

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 11:38:52 PM »
yeah i have goty retail cd as well but who wants to do all that.

Do all what? Is connecting SMOD to retail HL2 difficult?