Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 103170 times)

Offline Lightassassin1

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Lightassassin1 has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »
have you disabled hdr in the settings? maybe that will help

I disabled hdr through the console and now the map is in fullbright, also cubemaps for the map seem to be broken as reflections are all missing textures, though I can just disable specular lighting as a workaround.

Offline Lightassassin1

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2021, 03:28:05 AM »
have you disabled hdr in the settings? maybe that will help

I disabled hdr through the console and now the map is in fullbright, also cubemaps for the map seem to be broken as reflections are all missing textures, though I can just disable specular lighting as a workaround.

okay so I've done some testing and it turns out the maps d2_coast_03 and d2_prison_03 included with smod standalone are completely broken, these same issues happen with any smod thing a run through standalone, I tried running the steam version of redux final as well but they're still busted, I even ran older redux versions through steam and even those have the same issues.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
okay so I've done some testing and it turns out the maps d2_coast_03 and d2_prison_03 included with smod standalone are completely broken, these same issues happen with any smod thing a run through standalone, I tried running the steam version of redux final as well but they're still busted, I even ran older redux versions through steam and even those have the same issues.

Very interesting. I've never had this issue before, but you are not the first to report it. It suggests something is up with the versions of coast_03 and prison_03 that have been used since this old SMOD40 repack from years and years ago. But that it only happens for some people and not others makes the issue hard to nail down. It is the map files? Is it certain computer setups or game installs? I would like to fix it, but I've never had this issue occur and can't test it myself.

Offline Lightassassin1

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »

Very interesting. I've never had this issue before, but you are not the first to report it. It suggests something is up with the versions of coast_03 and prison_03 that have been used since this old SMOD40 repack from years and years ago. But that it only happens for some people and not others makes the issue hard to nail down. It is the map files? Is it certain computer setups or game installs? I would like to fix it, but I've never had this issue occur and can't test it myself.
oh alrighty, thanks anyways though. is there any workaround for this like using different versions of the maps?

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2021, 09:18:59 PM »
oh alrighty, thanks anyways though. is there any workaround for this like using different versions of the maps?

The Old Engine Unpack used by SourceRuns seems to include the pre-Steampipe maps. Maybe dropping those maps in SMOD can fix the problem? It's the best lead I've got. :-\

Offline Lightassassin1

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2021, 02:36:45 AM »

The Old Engine Unpack used by SourceRuns seems to include the pre-Steampipe maps. Maybe dropping those maps in SMOD can fix the problem? It's the best lead I've got. :-\
okay I did that, but even those maps seem to have the same issues, this is really weird

Offline Lightassassin1

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2021, 02:57:02 AM »

okay I did that, but even those maps seem to have the same issues, this is really weird
I ran the maps you suggested I try in the actual old engine pack and they worked fine, so it seems it's an smod thing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal