Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 302894 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
Yes to everything you've said. The only remaining issue i'm having with Smod right now is that the airboat script is broken somehow, I can't steer.

Funny you mention this issue in particular. I'm having the same issue after making Obsidian Conflict run off of extracted VPKs.

So it's not SMOD related...hmmm...I hope they did not modify the code or anything in a way that breaks it completely for older mods. Has anyone tried if the buggy works?

Offline Silentdarkness12

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »
I just tried it out. The buggy works just fine.

Offline Major Muffins

• Major Muffins has no influence.
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
When trying to start up my CSS SCI FI on the hl2 shortcut, I get "Failed to load the launcher DLL: The specified module could not be found." I have my target in the right location. I think I might have messed up somewhere while putting the files in the SMOD Standalone folder.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
Give me screenshot of your smod Standalone folder, and copy-paste contents of gameinfo.txt from CSS SCI FI in to your post, so I check it for errors.
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline Major Muffins

« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:49 PM »

"GameInfo"
{
   game       "CSS SCI FI 3: HARDWIRED"
   title       "HARDWIRED"
   title2      "css sci fi 3"
   type      "singleplayer_only"
   icon      "resource/scifi"
   developer      "Fitzroy_Doll"
   developer_url   "http://www.amphibian.myzen.co.uk/css_sci_fi/"
   manual         "c:\program files (x86)\steam\Steamapps\SourceMods\CSS SCI FI\CSS SCI FI_Readme.pdf"
   FileSystem
   {
      SteamAppId            220      // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
      ToolsAppId            211      // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
      {
         Game            |gameinfo_path|.
         game            "|gameinfo_path|..\SDKBase"
         game            "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"

game            "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
Game            "|gameinfo_path|..\CSSBase" }

Offline GigaDrillBreak

• GigaDrillBreak has no influence.
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2014, 03:30:30 AM »
I tried SMOD Tactical.
Oh god what's happening.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2014, 08:29:12 AM »
I tried SMOD Tactical.
Oh god what's happening.

oh god what's happening

Can't tell anything, the images are too small... I think I can see "hdr" on the ends of every line, that would lead me to believe that you've got HDR maps in smod, which it doesn't support.

I really don't know how to get those non-HDR maps anymore, valve made everything so confusing... Where did you get smod tactical from btw?

Offline GigaDrillBreak

« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »

Offline GigaDrillBreak

« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »
Also all the grenades in the game seem to have been mysteriously replaced with big red letters spelling "ERROR"

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »
Also all the grenades in the game seem to have been mysteriously replaced with big red letters spelling "ERROR"

Getting the same issue as well.
I'm thinking it could be because all of the css files are stored in VPKs and Tactical uses a lot of them, however afaik smod can't read from VPKs. Gonna try extracting the css files and see how it goes later.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
Yes. you'll need to extract Css files and add them to the SMOD gameinfo.txt
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline GigaDrillBreak

« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »

How do I do this? I've located the VPK files in the Counter-Strike Source folder but I don't know what to do with them.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »

How do I do this? I've located the VPK files in the Counter-Strike Source folder but I don't know what to do with them.

Make a new folder inside the SMOD Standalone folder, call it "cstrike". Then extract the contents of the vpks into that folder you just made. Then, go into /SteamApps/common/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps, select everything and copy everything to /SMOD Standalone/cstrike/maps. You could also try to do the same with the resource and script folders but I haven't found a very big use for that.

When you're done, enter a mod folder, and then modify the gameinfo.txt by inserting this line:

game "D:/<smod standalone folder>/cstrike"

that should mount css content.

That's how I also managed to fix CSS SCI FI. One hell of a mod.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:25:06 AM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Major Muffins

« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

Make a new folder inside the SMOD Standalone folder, call it "cstrike". Then extract the contents of the vpks into that folder you just made. Then, go into /SteamApps/common/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps, select everything and copy everything to /SMOD Standalone/cstrike/maps. You could also try to do the same with the resource and script folders but I haven't found a very big use for that.

When you're done, enter a mod folder, and then modify the gameinfo.txt by inserting this line:

game "D:/<smod standalone folder>/cstrike"

that should mount css content.

That's how I also managed to fix CSS SCI FI. One hell of a mod.

I tried this and I still get "Failed to load the launcher DLL: The specified module could not be found."

Offline Slasher1225

• Slasher1225 has no influence.
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
Hello people,

I have no idea if this issue has popped up yet so I might be bringing up an issue that was already solved if so please forgive me. Anyway I'm having some trouble just installing SMOD Standalone since the VPK extractor keeps crashing the window will open up multiple times only to instantly crash again for whatever reason. I've tried verifying HL2's game cache as well as SDK 2006 but that hasn't seemed to work and I've tried un-installing and re-installing both of them but that hasn't seemed to fix this issue either.

If anyone can help me solve this issue I'd appreciate it.

I can provide a screenshots if needed. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal