Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (can't be solved)invisible hands on gun  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Zerodunner23

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Zerodunner23 has no influence.
(can't be solved)invisible hands on gun
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:06 AM »
hello i don't know if this a noob question, i have a problem with invisible hands when firing a css gun but when i reload, the hands appear. Is there a way to fix this problem. :-\

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:09:43 PM by Zerodunner23 »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: invisible hands on gun
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:10:06 AM »
open model in hlmv.

see if hands are actually there while in idle.

if so you may need to add rotate -90 to your qc.

if they are all screwed up, then it could be the animations are too new and cant be compiled/

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:48:57 AM »
open model in hlmv.

see if hands are actually there while in idle.

if so you may need to add rotate -90 to your qc.

if they are all screwed up, then it could be the animations are too new and cant be compiled/

I'm sure it's the last thing. Try to decompile the weapon model, and check if the anims break during the process. If not, then you are lucky and you can recompile them on 2006 SDK Source with no problem, however if they do break during the decompile process then you will have to deal with it. Sadly, there's no known way (yet) on how to fix broken anims, or make them not break in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:50:41 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
You've probably downloaded the gun straight from FPSB and tried to put it into SMOD. Allow me to interject, cause I'm the expert when it comes to shit like this (before i was into bsnooch i simply tried to download skins and put them into smod without recompiling).

Most of the time when a submission is a never-seen-before fresh animation set, it won't work properly. Why? I don't know really, but it's properly because of the fact SMOD runs on the ep1 engine and those animations were compiled using the orangebox compiler, so compiled for orangebox engine. Now with hackjobs it's quite different (a hackjob is something like putting a model on an animation set that already has a model on it, or an animation set that was already compiled on a different model). A hackjob will work 90% of the time, probably because of the fact that most people either compile the skin using the ep1 compiler, which makes the skins work flawlessly in SMOD, or either they had to fix the animations when they break upon decompile, which also makes the skins work in SMOD.

So tl;dr you can't fix this problem without decompiling the mesh which is a pain to do. Find another skin.

Also Pepsifan, I thought SMOD standalone ran on the orangebox engine, isn't this supposed to make skins compiled for orangebox work as well?

Offline Zerodunner23

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
yeah you're right, i tried to fix it and doesn't come out as i expected, anyway ill find a new css weapon skin

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
You've probably downloaded the gun straight from FPSB and tried to put it into SMOD. Allow me to interject, cause I'm the expert when it comes to shit like this (before i was into bsnooch i simply tried to download skins and put them into smod without recompiling).

Most of the time when a submission is a never-seen-before fresh animation set, it won't work properly. Why? I don't know really, but it's properly because of the fact SMOD runs on the ep1 engine and those animations were compiled using the orangebox compiler, so compiled for orangebox engine. Now with hackjobs it's quite different (a hackjob is something like putting a model on an animation set that already has a model on it, or an animation set that was already compiled on a different model). A hackjob will work 90% of the time, probably because of the fact that most people either compile the skin using the ep1 compiler, which makes the skins work flawlessly in SMOD, or either they had to fix the animations when they break upon decompile, which also makes the skins work in SMOD.

So tl;dr you can't fix this problem without decompiling the mesh which is a pain to do. Find another skin.

Also Pepsifan, I thought SMOD standalone ran on the orangebox engine, isn't this supposed to make skins compiled for orangebox work as well?

Already tested that, OB compiled models don't work.

Offline Zerodunner23

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
i found a another skin but somehow it works  :o http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/134026     

fire

idle

reload

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »
i found a another skin but somehow it works  :o http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/134026     

fire

idle

reload

That's because the model is compiled on 2006 Source. Many compilers (Casper in this case) still use the 2006 SDK tools.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:37:22 PM by Counter-Life™ »