Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SOLVED] CSS Hardwired Sci Fi 3 smod standalone fix  (Read 16726 times)

Offline ragdoll

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • ragdoll has no influence.
Re: [SOLVED] CSS Hardwired Sci Fi 3 smod standalone fix
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »
Hi all,

I've been trying to get CSS Sci Fi 3 working with the standalone. I've followed the steps above and gotten different error messages every time. I'm pretty sure gameinfo.txt isn't the problem - I followed the steps above and I'm not getting any errors about it, so I think it's fine.

Whenever I open the game through the launcher, I get the error 'Model models/props_combine/breenconsole.mdl not found and models error.mdl couldn't be loaded.'

I've looked in the SDKBase folder in the root directory and the model is there where it should be. I've copied and pasted the models folder from the SDKBase folder into the models folder in the CSS Sci Fi folder in Mods (without copying anything else - I figure an untextured breenconsole.mdl showing up would indicate that that's a step on the path to a solution).

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated, as I'm not really sure where the error is here - as far as I can tell the files are in the proper folders, so I don't know why it's throwing up that 'model can't be found' error.

Also,

I got another error when starting "Unable to load surface prop file 'script/surfaceproperties.txt.' (referenced by manifest file 'script/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt)

I noticed nobody replied to this. I'm not sure how relevant this will be now but I also got this error and fixed it by going into your SDKBase scripts folder and copying both surfaceproperties.txt and surfaceproperties_hl2.txt into CSS Sci Fi's scripts folder.

Offline MG1231

• MG1231 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »
Mod keeps crashing when I try to open a map...
Thanks No1Gamer!
No need to be a douche about it.

Well sorry for being a douche.

Offline 華陀

• 華陀 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 03:38:51 AM »
Try install CSS SCi FI 3 in the \Smod Standalone folder then install both CSS SCi Fi 3 patch and map patch.

Hi all,

I've been trying to get CSS Sci Fi 3 working with the standalone. I've followed the steps above and gotten different error messages every time. I'm pretty sure gameinfo.txt isn't the problem - I followed the steps above and I'm not getting any errors about it, so I think it's fine.

Whenever I open the game through the launcher, I get the error 'Model models/props_combine/breenconsole.mdl not found and models error.mdl couldn't be loaded.'

I've looked in the SDKBase folder in the root directory and the model is there where it should be. I've copied and pasted the models folder from the SDKBase folder into the models folder in the CSS Sci Fi folder in Mods (without copying anything else - I figure an untextured breenconsole.mdl showing up would indicate that that's a step on the path to a solution).

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated, as I'm not really sure where the error is here - as far as I can tell the files are in the proper folders, so I don't know why it's throwing up that 'model can't be found' error.

Also,

I got another error when starting "Unable to load surface prop file 'script/surfaceproperties.txt.' (referenced by manifest file 'script/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt)

I noticed nobody replied to this. I'm not sure how relevant this will be now but I also got this error and fixed it by going into your SDKBase scripts folder and copying both surfaceproperties.txt and surfaceproperties_hl2.txt into CSS Sci Fi's scripts folder.

Offline 華陀

• 華陀 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 05:52:44 AM »
If still can't fix.
Follow the steps:
1.Just put my Smod Standalone in your /sourcemods folder(this is tested working).Download it here https://mega.co.nz/#!aQlTwQ7J!iNeqFsenQHf48i3zxrj7rZWhQoj_bm_e4hAYLTYMRbs
2.Change the lines inside the CSS SC iFi 3 gameinfo.txt to your folder location.
3.Alright now you can click 新文字文件.bat to play:D (I forgot to change the .bat name)
But there are some small problems:
If you can't see some prop and teammates in game  just load the save again.
If crashes on some map add
ai_norebuildgraph "1"
to \CSS SCI FI\cfg\config.cfg
'

Try install CSS SCi FI 3 in the \Smod Standalone folder then install both CSS SCi Fi 3 patch and map patch.

Hi all,

Also,

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:15:25 AM by 華陀 »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
CSS SCIFI is a very complex mod with a custom installer (I belive)
I cannot help you with it since I'd need to re-pack the whole mod, or redistribute some of it's files.
Either way it's a no from me, maybe someday I'm gonna release a fix for CSS SCIFI, but maybe.
Sorry :/
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Pile_up

• Pile_up has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
I managed to fix mine after a fair bit of trial and error. But i see others are still having trouble, So, shortly i'll be writing a in-depth tutorial on how to fix this. I would release a fix, but as pepsifan said. Fitzroy doll really doesn't want anyone re-releasing this. But i'll write a tutorial shortly. So as long as you've got the parts to fix this, and can follow tutorials. It'll be fixed. I'll try cover as many errors and problems as i can so there will be no more threads requesting fixes or other help to do with this mod.

Some of the major problems with this mod is the map loading (loading a black screen with a crosshair) or maps loading, then quitting to the main menu due to node issues, but these can be fixed easily. But the node issue is tedious... It involves loading each map and enabling and disabling a command to make new nodes. With each map. So i believe since it does not commit any act of re-packaging the mod i will release the working node files for the maps to save everyone who wants to play it time.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:38:37 PM by Pile_up »
And one because i have ammo left....