Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 106566 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
SMOD Redux - FINAL
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
2.01 Update:
Patch released to update to 2.01. Thanks to recent reports and suggestions, this finally includes fixes for the visible trigger brushes on coast_03, the precache crash on d2_prison_03, and a likely fix for Bullet Time crashes.

CHANGES:
Code: [Select]
GAMEPLAY/SCRIPTS/NPCs
-Capped framerate at 99 frames-per-second in redux_default.cfg. This helps to stop Bullet Time crashes and improves overall stability.

MAPS
-Fixed instances where some players had various issues in d2_coast_03, d2_prison_03 and d3_c17_01, including crashing and visible trigger brushes. Thanks to GeneralEcchi for this fix.
-Changed a secret weapon in d1_eli_02.
-Fixed a Combine Soldier wrongly equipped with a Grease Gun in d2_coast_05.
-Added some models to the precache list in at d2_coast_12 to prevent lag when spawning in.
-Trimmed some unused entities from the precache lists in several maps.
-BATTLE: Nexus: Combine no longer use Super Shotguns. As of 2.0 this is now considered a player-only weapon.

DOWNLOAD 2.01 PATCH HERE

The full releases below have been updated to 2.01. You only need this patch if you downloaded 2.0 prior to this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very special holiday present to the BSNOOCH community.

I stated in the past I had no intention of making a new version of Redux, but with SMOD Standalone being increasingly refined, among other reasons, I felt motivated to deliver a final official version of this mod 5 years to the day of its last major release.

Redux Final was rebuilt from scratch using SMOD Standalone to bring you the most solid version of Redux ever that expands upon the original SMOD's content and gameplay. Many custom models were replaced with ones edited from Valve's own games and HL2 Survivor to make this version a bit more than just a GameBanana compilation mod.

This is going to be my final SMOD release. I'll of course stick around BSNOOCH, I might do other Source engine releases here and may still help out on projects like Goldenarms. I already kinda pulled a Fakefactory the first time I came back, so if I'm going to stop making SMOD releases now, I want it to be on a good note.

The official site won't be updated as I no long have the means, and I left the steam group a long time ago due to personal reasons (if whoever ended up with its control reads this, sorry for leaving like I did. hope you understand!). So this is a BSNOOCH.com exclusive release and I would prefer if this did not get reposted elsewhere.

If you're interested in older Redux versions, you can find downloads of versions 8, 7, 6, and 5 HERE. Note that they need fixing to work with SMOD Standalone. Check the SMOD Standalone topic's first page for more info.

REQUIREMENTS:

You should have installed:
Half-Life 2
Source SDK 2006 Base
SMOD Standalone 0.65 or higher (ONLY FOR STANDALONE VERSION)

Features:

-18 custom weapons, all carefully picked for fun factor, balance, and looks. From old Redux standbys like the OICW, Garand Rifle, and Spike Grenade to new weapons like the Shredder, and the Firework Grenade.

-SMOD Menu System 3: A easy to use in-game menu for SMOD's settings. No messing with clumsy presets. Mix and match settings to how you want your SMOD. The mod's configs have been crafted in a way that leaves autoexec.cfg completely to you for your custom settings.

-Battle Maps: A revamped survival mode with 10 maps converted from Half-Life 2: Survivor. Survive for 7 minutes against a endless wave of increasingly difficult enemies. Earn money and get special rewards by killing enemies.     

-The Bullsquid, Zombine, and Zombie2 return, along with the new Combine Commando: A faster soldier with a unique melee attack.

-HL2 Survivor's Gordon Freeman model as player model, as well as unique models added for the Combine Ace, Killer Scanner, and Zombie2.

-Revamped HL2 maps based on the Ultimate Campaign addon with a number of fixes and tweaks for better pacing, as well as new content.

-Graphics Improvements: Tweaked bullet time effects, world models that are more consistent with the view meshes, which have a number of fixes themselves. HEV Suit is now consistent across the player, kick mesh, and prop. New menu backgrounds.

-Sound Changes: SMOD's player dialogue feature now has a use in the form of the HL1 VOX announcer, New Bullet Time sounds, music, various sound fixes.

-Ease of use/quality of life changes: Default key bindings for SMOD's new features, HUD hints for SMOD features added into the HL2 campaign.

-Retro 2006 style: No phong shaders, no episodic models.

CHANGELOG (2.0):
Code: [Select]
GAMEPLAY/SCRIPTS/NPCs
-Replaced Golden Colts with the Dual 9mm Pistols. Dual 9mms can be picked up from most 9mm Pistols in the campaign as long as you also have the single 9mm Pistol. Battle Maps now give you the Dual Pistols on map start.
-Flare Gun has been completely remade. Now using Flare ammo, it shoots explosive projectiles that can light multiple NPCs on fire with one shot.
-Added Sniper Ammo as a new ammo type. Much like Version 8's Heavy Rifle ammo, it is used by the Kar98, M1 Garand and SVD.
-Flamethrower: Moved from Slot 1 to Slot 6. Adjusted maximum ammo and recharge rate.
-AK-47: Increased damage to 14 from 12. Ironsights now increase accuracy.
-MP5: Ironsights now increase accuracy.
-Kar98: Lowered damage to 70 from 80.
-Scissor: Now uses .357 ammo.
-Shotgun: Alternate fire now pumps the shotgun twice.
-Combine Ion Rifle: Now uses Flare ammo. Increased damage to 70 from 65.
-Laser Rifle: Reduced alternate fire damage from 50 to 25.
-AN-M14: Reduced damage from initial explosion from 40 to 20.
-M60: Increased fire rate. Lowered per-shot recoil and spread.
-M1 Garand: Lowered maximum recoil.
-OICW: Lowered overall recoil. Lowered inaccuracy from movement.
-MP40: Ironsight spread decreased. Per-shot spread decreased. Decreased inaccuracy caused from movement.
-Super Shotgun: Rebalanced similarly to its Version 8 incarnation.
-Dual Uzis: Greatly lowered recoil.
-Minigun: Raised accuracy. Reduced movement speed penalty.
-Gauss Gun: Lowered primary fire clip size to 1, effectively removing its reloading at the cost of lowering its primary fire rate.
-Standardized ironsight zoom values across all weapons.
-Added ironsights to the Desert Eagle and Alyx Gun.
-Increased 9mm Pistol's accuracy bonus when using its ironsights (now gives 75% bonus to accuracy).
-Decreased SMG1's accuracy bonus when using ironsights (now gives 33% bonus to accuracy).
-Decreased AR2's accuracy bonus when using ironsights (now gives 50% bonus to accuracy).
-Increased speed of player bullets in bullet time.
-Slightly increased player movement speed in bullet time.
-Slightly increased player movement speed while using ironsights.
-Lowered Houndeye health to 60 from 80.
-Added new shield (Helmet) to Combine Soldiers and Combine Prison Guards.
-Rebalanced Combine shields: Adjusted shield health. Removed randomized health values from shields.

MAPS
-Major modifications to campaign maps. Fixed a number of bugs and oversights in the mapadd files.
-Removed the error-prone randomspawn NPCs in favor of hand-placed NPCs throughout the campaign.
-New events throughout campaign, along with changes to old SMOD40 events.
-Overhauled item and supply placement. Rebalanced weapon progression.
-New secret item locations scattered across the campaign.
-Starting from a new chapter will give you the SMOD weapons you are expected to have by that chapter.
-Added the Citadel to canals map skyboxes where it was missing.
-BATTLE: Steamlab: Added hostile Vortigaunts and hostile Alyx to enemy selection. Adjusted enemy weapon selection.
-BATTLE: Station 17: Replaced Golden Colts reward with the Flare Gun. Added manhacks to enemy selection.

GRAPHICS/MODELS
-Rebuilt HUD icons for all weapons.
-Removed Hi-Res face textures as they were unneeded and distracting.
-Killer Scanner now has a unique texture and modified model.
-Modified Alyx Gun view model for ironsight usage.
-Added holographic sight to the AR2.
-Adjusted Grease Gun and Annabelle models for better ironsight visibility.
-Added unique model and animations to the Flare Gun.
-New model, textures and animations for the Super Shotgun.
-Gordon's Magical Stick now uses the proper hand model.
-Restored the Flamethrower model from Version 8.
-Adjusted speed of the OICW's draw animation.
-Fixed Power Drink never returning to idle animation after using it.
-Adjusted Annabelle texture brightness.

SOUND
-Added 3 new music tracks.
-Added VOX lines for SMOD's kill announcement feature. This feature can be turned on through the SMOD options menu.
-Added more pain noises for the player for the "Enable player pain sounds" option.

OTHER
-Packaged the required SMOD40 content with the SMOD Standalone version of the mod. This will fix missing content errors caused by certain redistributions of SMOD Standalone not including SMOD40.
-Switched HUD positions of .357 Magnum and Dual Pistols.
-Switched HUD positions of Crossbow and Super Shotgun.
-Added the following options to the "Configure SMOD Settings" menu:
Bullet Time player speed multiplier
Enable VOX announcer
Enable player pain sounds

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
1: Place the SMOD Standalone installer you downloaded into your SourceMods folder for Steam. For most people, the path will be C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\ or C:\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\ If you already have SMOD Standalone installed and working, you can skip this.

NOTE: Make sure you have Half-Life 2 and Source SDK 2006 Base installed onto the same drive as your sourcemods folder! Otherwise the Standalone install will not complete correctly and Standalone nor Redux will not work properly!

2: Once SMOD Standalone is properly installed, extract the SMODRedux_Final folder (NOT the contents of said folder) to SourceMods\Smod Standalone\mods\.

3: If SMOD Redux is installed properly, the SMOD Standalone launcher menu should list SMODRedux_Final or SMOD REDUX - Final. Click it to launch SMOD Redux.

DOWNLOADS
DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 2.01 - STANDALONE VERSION

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.4 (OUTDATED)
MIRROR - http://www.smodforever.com/releasearchive/SMOD/CLIENTS/MODS_DEMOS/smodredux_final_v14.zip

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.3 (OUTDATED)
MIRROR - http://www.smodforever.com/releasearchive/SMOD/CLIENTS/MODS_DEMOS/smodredux_final_v13.7z

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.2 (OUTDATED)
MIRROR - http://www.smodforever.com/releasearchive/SMOD/CLIENTS/MODS_DEMOS/smodredux_final_v12.7z

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.1 (OUTDATED)
MIRROR - http://www.smodforever.com/releasearchive/SMOD/CLIENTS/MODS_DEMOS/smodredux_final_v11.7z

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.0 (OUTDATED)
MIRROR - http://www.smodforever.com/releasearchive/SMOD/CLIENTS/MODS_DEMOS/smodredux_final.7z

SMOD REDUX FINAL - STEAMMOD

This version of SMOD Redux - FINAL has been converted to work as a typical HL2 Steam mod installed into the "sourcemods" folder. It is intended for people who cannot get SMOD Standalone to run or do not wish to use SMOD Standalone. You do not need a prior install of SMOD for this version.

The only difference between this and the Standalone version is that all LUA-based code has been removed from the maps. This is because updates with Valve's SteamPipe system for Half-Life 2 and other games have effectively broken SMOD's LUA code for unknown reasons. Due to this, the Steam version does not include the Battle maps ported from Half-Life 2: Survivor, as there was no satisfying way of mimicking the AI spawning and general behavior in regular mapadd code. Some minor bits of LUA from the HL2 campaign were also removed due to this issue, but these by and large did not affect gameplay. You'll still miss a few changes and the special date events though.

Also, this is NOT compatible with SMOD Standalone and you will have issues if you use this version of the mod alongside it. Download the SMOD Standalone version of Redux for that instead.

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 2.01 - STEAMMOD VERSION

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.4 - STEAMMOD VERSION (OUTDATED)

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.3 STEAMMOD (OUTDATED)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:17:31 AM by Onemanshow »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »
awesome bud. how long since the first redux release in your estimation?

Offline Onemanshow

• Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
awesome bud. how long since the first redux release in your estimation?

The first release was in 2006, back when it had the more ungainly title SMOD Remastered: Redux. SMOD Remastered being a very old and long, long dead mod that I helped out with and was among the first SMOD-mods released.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »
HOLY

SHIT

This looks freakin' epic!

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »
you
MAGNIFICENT
cunt

Bloody awesome stuff mate, I can see some issues with the hands being kinda misplaced but well, you can't go far with a rerig on shitty hands :p

Offline Lemonificent

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Lemonificent has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
Looks great, nice work m80.
Now that i have a new PC i might just get back on SMOD.

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • +1% chance to make useful post
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »
Thanks for this and everything else you've given us.

Offline skawng

• skawng has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »
Is it normal to crash if I equip a gravity gun that I burnt?  :P

Offline Onemanshow

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
Is it normal to crash if I equip a gravity gun that I burnt?  :P

Picking up and equipping burning weapons does tend to cause a crash, thankfully its not a common action to do.

SMOD is a pretty buggy platform in general and lots of its crashing doesn't seem to have a solid reason. And with the author abandoning it years ago there's not much I can do about that.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:44:23 AM »

Offline Mariobro

• Mariobro has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 07:11:59 AM »
Awesome! I never expected this.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
KAPOW (again)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMfrzUTZpgc[/youtube]

also nice to see you again marioman
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:17:38 AM by BIZ »

Offline CryoDragon

• CryoDragon has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:15 PM »
How do I remove the new recoil? the sudden jumping makes me feel sick.
Also this is the greatest thing ever

Offline GFCat

• GFCat has no influence.
    • GFCat's Youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »
So, when you say some mods built for SMOD 40, do you mean that I could make a permanent switch from 40a to Redux - FINAL, moving all or at least some of my custom weapons I had installed over. I'd like a version to switch to, but only if it'll totally work, otherwise, I'll use the 40aq standalone while playing this on the side. I plan to do a let's play of SMOD soon, so I'd like to know what to expect. Lastly, there are these annoying blue bars where the Hud_quickinfo usually is, and I'd like to remove them so I can use free-aim without the bars hamperin' my style, man...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:00:38 AM by GFCat »

Offline Psycholoic

• Psycholoic has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »
Oh dear, did you make the part in Dark Energy with the elevator of sneak? Honestly, adding a dodge part with little spaces makes the game as frustrating as possible, I can't open the console, I don't know coding so I'm pretty much f*cked at this state. Living in Germany is shit when trying to play games, atleast an open console button would be nice, then I can finally finish this!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal