Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 219329 times)

Offline JC_Mike

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • JC_Mike has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2018, 12:25:33 AM »
So I got SMOD REDUX Steammod a day or so ago and encountered the same problems with the canal maps that most others have. So I had to use the console to change maps (which unfortunately meant that I lost any of the SMOD weapons that I picked up on those levels).

Something that I did notice was that after d1_canals_06 or so the map transitions didn't crash. All of the Canal and Water Hazard maps before the mini episode where Freeman loses the boat and has to use the Scout Car crashed and the map transition right after that and up through Ravenholm (where I am as of writing this post) worked.

I'm going to sound stupid saying this because I have no experience creating mods. But would it be possible that whatever event flag is used for that mini episode is crashing the game?

Apologies if this is more appropriate for the Redux thread. I just thought it would be good here because of the discussion about it.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #526 on: September 19, 2018, 05:40:43 AM »
So I got SMOD REDUX Steammod a day or so ago and encountered the same problems with the canal maps that most others have. So I had to use the console to change maps (which unfortunately meant that I lost any of the SMOD weapons that I picked up on those levels).

Something that I did notice was that after d1_canals_06 or so the map transitions didn't crash. All of the Canal and Water Hazard maps before the mini episode where Freeman loses the boat and has to use the Scout Car crashed and the map transition right after that and up through Ravenholm (where I am as of writing this post) worked.

I'm going to sound stupid saying this because I have no experience creating mods. But would it be possible that whatever event flag is used for that mini episode is crashing the game?

Apologies if this is more appropriate for the Redux thread. I just thought it would be good here because of the discussion about it.

I doubt the mini-episode is behind this, especially since it would not be loaded prior to canals_07, but if you want to make sure SMOD's map alterations aren't the cause you can use the console command "disable_loadmapadd 1" before loading a map and see if the issue happens without it. Would be interesting to see if that fixes anything, but I continue to suspect that recent OS updates or possibly graphics drivers are behind this. I also recommend trying SMOD 40a and seeing if the same issues occur.

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
I recently played SMOD 40a and i had so such problems. But then again, i never had, not in canals anyway. my boon is the first transition in city 17 (d3_city_01 -> 02).