Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trying to Make my Own Ultimate Campaign  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
Trying to Make my Own Ultimate Campaign
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:07:17 AM »
Hey Bsnooch, so I've been playing the ultimate campaign and so far it's been pretty fun although it's extremely difficult. So I've gotten some ideas of my own for a custom campaign using the various Smod tools. I wanted to see if some things were possible before jumping into this and I also had a few questions aswell.

First the main question I had was, how do you edit the default campaign of Half-Life 2 without triggering events. I know ai_disable 1 stops the AI from moving but in some cases NPC's still carry out their lines aswell as musical cues and some events like the train from Route Kanal activate.

Secondly can I get advanced with this using the ingame tools such as animations and events possibly with triggers, such as a guard shooting a feeling citizen once the player leaves the trainstation or something like that.

Lastly using the nodes can I spawn weapons and health similar to how nodes spawn NPC's and props.

Thanks Bsnooch for making Half-Life 2 fun again and I hope that I can start making my own fun with Smod Aswell!

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: Trying to Make my Own Ultimate Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »
1.) 'ai_disable' is the best command, or one of the best. Depends on the situation. Try also 'notarget'.  If you step into a trigger then it is going to fire. No way around that. I just released some scripts that among other things shows you how to strip out the trigger that calls the Route Kanal train. - http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1497

2.) Yes certainly doable.

3.) Yes should be possible.

good luck

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:27:45 AM »
Thanks but I was hoping someone could show me how to do this, I can place nodes and thats about it. If anyone knows how to set sequences and animations then please feel free to let me know.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:02:32 AM »
I hate to say it but alot of it is just figuring it out for yourself.
Looking at other peoples scripts, copying, picking out what does what, trial and error.

Best I can do is say join the steam group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bsnoochDOTcom

When I stream smod you will get a notification.

Come to the stream and ask your questions.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:04:02 AM »
Sure if I'm not busy I'll try to get into the call or whatever you guys have setup but be warned I have an extremely slow internet connection due to where I live so it will be difficult to tune in but I can certainly try! I also left a few questions on your other post.

Thanks and Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:31:38 AM by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:13:33 AM »
if, IF i'm gonna have some time I'm willing to explain some stuff you've asked, and like Biz said: Come to the stream, you'll be able to ask questions and get some "real" answers"
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR