Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Because why not? (bad model hacking with monkatraz)  (Read 977 times)

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
Because why not? (bad model hacking with monkatraz)
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »
With some recent videos released by the dear Biz, and talking to the Jaun, it made me realize that its better to work within the limits of SMOD then try to expand them (unless your crazy COUGHPEPSICOUGH and somehow pull it off). So, I made myself a limit and could only work with CSS, SMOD40AQ, and HL2. Those are the only materials and models I could use and I would have to do something with them. With that, I modeled hacked some stuff together.

http://imgur.com/a/tUyEH

The SMG3 as I call it, was an experiment on how CSS weapons would do on HL2 anims. I honestly think its better than using the CSS ones. (The TMP anims are messed up anyway.) It uses an AK barrel and sight, and uses a pistol trigger and rear sight. Its fires very, very quickly and has a 100 round magazine.
The other weapon, that FAMAS...thing, (which I call the GL SMG) is not really an experiment but just to see how far I could go without getting bored. It uses AK sights, the MP5 GL, the grip of the MP5, and has a properly fixed mirrored side. It has a slow fire rate, higher accuracy, and a GL. It uses a 25 round magazine.
The fiveseven thing is a midrange pistol. Its gimmick is that as you fire quickly, it very, very quickly gets inaccurate. This forces it to close and midrange. It uses 357, pistol, and mp5 parts.
The deagle thing honestly was just my first attempt, so ignore the back. The bottom half is a hl2 pistol, the top half is a deagle. Its meant for long range in the start of the game, before you get the AR2 (or something else thats more accurate, like the 357).
The close range part (i didn't show it, all it had was some ak sights) is the Alyx Gun.

Hope you like it (or hate it, its an experiment).
MLG

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: Because why not? (bad model hacking with monkatraz)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:07:40 AM »
I think somebody was asking about a model hacking tutorial the other day...

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
Re: Because why not? (bad model hacking with monkatraz)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:20:34 AM »
the overall idea is great, but the models are lacking a bit of quality and consistency between textures. But it's a great work so far.
And I think I was talking about making a weapon hacking tut(on the stream), so maybe...
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR