Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My Suggestions thread  (Read 3295 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
My Suggestions thread
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:11 AM »
yay first suggestion thread. (feel free to pile in)

1.) HL2 campaign support :)

2.) mapadds plz.

3.) actual viewmodel shifting while sprinting (not lower) but actual section in weapon script where we can define a forward, right, roll, yaw, pitch etc... to shift the viewmodel while sprinting (to simulate running animations)

example:

4.) some kinda of crazy notifier for getting multi-chain kills with a combine orb :)

5.) picking up a frag grenade or combine orb with the grav gun resets its timer/lifetime (similar to hl2dm).

6.) This bad boy right here - Originally posted by onemanshow

7.) OH OH, this might be hard to describe but here it goes: world model magazine ejection.
Basically it would work just like the shell casing eject, only the model would be a gun magazine. You could have 5 or 6 different ones. Then all the user has to do is add an event to the w_models reload animation in the .qc and presto a magazine drops out of the gun on reload. Users could easily replace the default magazine models with their own custom ones. Should be fairly simple? http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Animation_Events#Eject_a_brass

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
Re: My Suggestions thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:04:36 AM »
1.) HL2 campaign support :)

Don't really need it.

2.) mapadds plz.

Has been added for a long time (LOCKED ALPHA uses it)

3.) actual viewmodel shifting while sprinting (not lower) but actual section in weapon script where we can define a forward, right, roll, yaw, pitch etc... to shift the viewmodel while sprinting (to simulate running animations)

example:

Maybe, but doesn't this require an animation?

4.) some kinda of crazy notifier for getting multi-chain kills with a combine orb :)

I'm actually planning on adding killstreaks in general, but I don't know how to implement it for the time being.

5.) picking up a frag grenade or combine orb with the grav gun resets its timer/lifetime (similar to hl2dm).

I'll think on adding this as a ConVar.

6.) This bad boy right here - Originally posted by onemanshow

I actually needed this for ideas on the next big thing. Some things in this will be added, but not all.

7.) OH OH, this might be hard to describe but here it goes: world model magazine ejection.
Basically it would work just like the shell casing eject, only the model would be a gun magazine. You could have 5 or 6 different ones. Then all the user has to do is add an event to the w_models reload animation in the .qc and presto a magazine drops out of the gun on reload. Users could easily replace the default magazine models with their own custom ones. Should be fairly simple? http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Animation_Events#Eject_a_brass

Maybe.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
Maybe, but doesn't this require an animation?
it depends, if you'd like to go hl2 style then yes, it requires an animation,
but you can do it (and i think Biz is suggesting that) by allowing user to set "final" position of viewmodel in weapon_###.txt and then divide those numbers by 10(or 20) and give them increasing value until it reaches max.

In similar fashion to SMOD:Crylife
Code: [Select]
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_1 "viewmodel_r 0.194;viewmodel_u 0.107;viewmodel_f 0.2;viewmodel_p 1.4799;viewmodel_y 2.7;viewmodel_rl 0"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_2 "viewmodel_r 0.388;viewmodel_u 0.214;viewmodel_f 0.4;viewmodel_p 2.9598;viewmodel_y 5.4"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_3 "viewmodel_r 0.582;viewmodel_u 0.321;viewmodel_f 0.6;viewmodel_p 4.4397;viewmodel_y 8.1"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_4 "viewmodel_r 0.776;viewmodel_u 0.428;viewmodel_f 0.8;viewmodel_p 5.9196;viewmodel_y 10.8"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_5 "viewmodel_r 0.97;viewmodel_u 0.535;viewmodel_f 1;viewmodel_p 7.3995;viewmodel_y 13.5"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_6 "viewmodel_r 1.164;viewmodel_u 0.642;viewmodel_f 1.2;viewmodel_p 8.8794;viewmodel_y 16.2"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_7 "viewmodel_r 1.358;viewmodel_u 0.749;viewmodel_f 1.4;viewmodel_p 10.3593;viewmodel_y 18.9"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_8 "viewmodel_r 1.552;viewmodel_u 0.856;viewmodel_f 1.6;viewmodel_p 11.8392;viewmodel_y 21.6"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_9 "viewmodel_r 1.764;viewmodel_u 0.963;viewmodel_f 1.8;viewmodel_p 13.3191;viewmodel_y 24.3"
alias viewmodel_sprint_rif_10 "viewmodel_r 1.94;viewmodel_u 1.07;viewmodel_f 2;viewmodel_p 14.799;viewmodel_y 27"
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »
i'd just make it use an animation tbh, sounds much easier to do than 416542123 lines of code

you know i honestly just want this to be some sort of smod clone so i can finally build my amazing hl2 campaign with realistic weapons, locking it just to the purposes you want sounds like a MASSIVE opportunity missed imo
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:46:16 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:05:36 PM »
Thanks for responding. You are going to get a flood of suggestions so just remember - don't feel obligated to implement any of our ideas or you will get burnt out.

* If there will be no campaign support, can we at least get a CAMPAIGN GAMEMODE that doesn't give you suit/weapons/gravgun :)

* The viewmodel while sprinting. Yes I meant how Pepsifan04 explained it. Animations would be awesome too. I just know that many players won't be able to animate so the model shift commands could be a nice fallback for them. That was what made SMOD so versatile, that you could dip your toes into the water with almost no real modding experience (for example: setting sprint adjust values via script), but once you got more comfortable, it almost encouraged you to pick up new skills, as there were more powerful features just out of reach (for example: making sprinting animations). It is my opinion that this is why so many mods sprang up from SMOD.

* Kill Streaks - AWESOME BUDDY. Sounds great.

* Frag timer reset - Cool, I always get mad when I pick up a combine frag just to get blasted in the face by it.

* Juan's ultimate weapon script mockup - glad you liked it. I keep telling people that this guy is an evil genius.

* Magazine eject for w_models - I hope I explained it well enough. Really we would just need some extra brass ejector definitions in the code (so we could replace their models.) I loved that feature in the Max Payne series.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »
i talked with biz about this and i've got a few suggestions, disregard everything i've said previously

1. create a cvar which would allow you to change how much exp you need to earn to level up (there's a console command already that does a similar thing, wouldn't that work already)

2. bullet physics?  :)

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:30:09 PM »
1. create a cvar which would allow you to change how much exp you need to earn to level up (there's a console command already that does a similar thing, wouldn't that work already)

Yes.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 05:36:35 AM »
In addition to the buyable ammo and such, I would love to see upgrades that effect the players max values, examples being Max Health, Max Shield, Movement/Sprint Speed, Reload Speed, Kick Power, etc.

Also stuff like weapon_randomize, override_class, npc_replace_model and possibly the custom combine solder thing from SMOD2.
And more stock weapons pls
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:08:22 AM by FreeKill »

Offline Bitl

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
In addition to the buyable ammo and such, I would love to see upgrades that effect the players max values, examples being Max Health, Max Shield, Movement/Sprint Speed, Reload Speed, Kick Power, etc.

Interesting idea. I'll consider this.

Also stuff like weapon_randomize, override_class, npc_replace_model and possibly the custom combine solder thing from SMOD2.
And more stock weapons pls

Yes there will be more strock weapons, and weapon_randomize and custom NPCs might be added in the future. IDK about override_class or npc_replace_model.

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline F-3

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • F-3 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 09:35:59 PM »
I know I only post about two things around here, but...

1) Define empty reload animations in weapon scripts (Needs reiterating!)

2) Ballistic modeling

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »
I know I only post about two things around here, but...

1) Define empty reload animations in weapon scripts (Needs reiterating!)

2) Ballistic modeling

These would be very nice to make any sort of realism mod, obviously. Dryfire reloads probably need to be defined in two ways, one where it plays the normal reload and then does another animation, and then a entirely new animation. Make it a lot easier for someone to add a dryfire reload.

Ballistic modeling would need A LOT of options to be worthwhile.
MLG

Offline F-3

• F-3 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »
I think ballistics really only needs speed, gravity, and mass settings. Smod is already most of the way there, we just can't get projectiles that reliably deal damage and penetrate objects.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 06:30:08 AM »
More Magnets!

-Magnus

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 06:40:30 AM »

Offline Spasior

• IKEA Meatballs Son!!!
  • +3% chance to make useful post
  • Spasior has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
Shifting the weapon while sprinting should be as easy as checking if the weapon is in ironsight.

Basicly:
if(player.isIronsighted())
{
      MoveVMDL(player.GetIronsightCoords());
}
else if(player.isSprinting())
{
     MoveVMDL(player.GetSprintCoords());
}
else
{
     MoveVMDL(default());