Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [REPLACEMENT] Combine AR1 for SMOD Final AK47  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Chyvachok

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
[REPLACEMENT] Combine AR1 for SMOD Final AK47
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
This gun is taken from Jailbreak Source mod, I make some fixes in animations, new fire animations that looks way better in ironsight than standard, holosight uses separate texture, this gun maybe its looks better as custom weapon, but I want to replace that AK47 model with something that looks better. If you load save when you has in inventory AK47, and animation plays incorrectly - just drop weapon, and take another with "give" cheat. This instead of my first release has world model - its already created by Jailbreak authors. For sounds don't forget to add contents of game_sounds_weapons_ar1 into just game_sounds_weapons or game_sounds_manifest.

Model/Textures/Sounds: Jailbreak mod
Animation Edits/Recompile: Chyvachok

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0g771fa1nk2jkz/CombineAR.rar?dl=0

Screenshots:

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: [REPLACEMENT] Combine AR1 for SMOD Final AK47
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »
Cool stuff, but lol'd at the mag

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
This is wonderful! Though I wonder, could we have a video? I kind of want to see it in action.

How well does it work on npcs? I remember that directly importing the models caused npcs unable to fire due to them being made for players.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:53:27 AM by Troggy Hordesman »
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Chyvachok

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »
How well does it work on npcs? I remember that directly importing the models caused npcs unable to fire due to them being made for players.

I recompile world model for NPC, for make gun usable by NPC its need sequence with needed events and activity, position in hands already configured by original model authors.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »
Late response, but I love this gun. The original AK47's accuracy seemed to have been based on the CS ak47, so this makes much more sense as it was unrealistic for an ak47 to work like that. Firing it is very satisfying.

However, I believe this is actually the combine/robot smg, not the assault rifle. Not a biggie, but I think the assault rifle was a bigger thing.
Another thing is that the weapon glows slightly in the dark, and not just the intentionally glowing bit. This can easily be fixed with an editor. This is something present on all jailbreak objects. As they should be visible during competitive play, this makes sense.

The only thing missing is a HUD icon. I used the jailbreak font icon, but it looks a bit small and is reversed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:03:11 PM by Troggy Hordesman »
My behind is behind me, always watching.