Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can you guys port SMOD to Linux (or maybe Mac)?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline epicstuf

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • epicstuf has no influence.
Can you guys port SMOD to Linux (or maybe Mac)?
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »
SMOD is such a fun mod. But, I really don't like Windows that much. Sure, lots of mods on Source are Windows based, but I would like to use my operating system of choice. So if you guys can port it, it would be amazing. (P.S. , I know that Source SDK 2006 isn't on Linux, but maybe you could use the newer versions?)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
Re: Can you guys port SMOD to Linux (or maybe Mac)?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »
Unfortunately we don't have an smod sourcecode, however: port of Standalone to OSX (mac) can be done (I've been in contact with some osx gaming community, and they've already ported it, however it's not very stable...)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline epicstuf

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:19:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Is the Mac version at least working with Redux?

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
If you use Wine with a Windows version of Steam, I think you'll be able to launch it.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline epicstuf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:24:49 PM »
Try'd that, it crashed hard. But your mod, Firefight Reloaded works like a charm on Linux.