Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD Mod Ideas?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline OmniT00

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • OmniT00 has no influence.
SMOD Mod Ideas?
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:29 AM »
What it says on a tin! Talk about mod ideas for SMOD, and whatnot! I have a few myself, actually:

-SMOD: Simple Co-op Modification: What it says on the tin, Co-operative SMOD! A Different Bullet Time System, including a maybe 5/10% chance of 10 second long bullet time when you kill an enemy! As well as the addition of a portable medkit :V

-SMOD: The Swordsman: A Stealth Mod for SMOD that adds custom maps, a correctly working stealth system, and your own weapons being a sword, a revolver, wall running and jumping, and slow motion!

-SMOD: ABOCAS (A Bunch of Chaos and Sh**): Over 250 weapons, more dismemberment and gore, and explosions.

-SMOD: Masterful Gunsmithing!: Make your own guns and melee weapons out of 400 or so parts, and fight through the HL2 campaign. New additions, besides the gun crafting, include: more gore (Actual dismemberment!), More Arena-Esque gameplay (No sprinting, running at olympic runner speed, and more fast paced combat), New NPCs (Including elemental zombies, Super Combine Soldier, and Mortar Synths), and some custom maps :V.
^ Someone who is royally awful.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Mod Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:41:12 AM »
SMOD is still limited by it's hardcoding. Co-op is very unstable with SMOD, the sneaking thing could work out with some more or less heavy map editing, except for the wall running and jumping part. Last two ideas wouldn't work either, since SMOD only allows a max of 30 custom weapons.

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
its such a shame, imagine what we could do with the source code ...  :'(

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »
There might be coop for FIREFIGHT RELOADED in the future, so that kind of coop idea shouldn't go to waste just yet.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline OmniT00

• OmniT00 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:36:42 PM »
I will say one thing: Its sad how limited SMOD can be, really.

If The Author released the source code (Which, considering he/she is currently MIA, that is unlikely), this stuff would be improbable, but not impossible.

Either way, this is just a thread of SMOD Ideas, impossible or not, as I am a fan of game concepts and whatnot, and seeing what I, and others, can come up with.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:42:50 PM by OmniT00 »
^ Someone who is royally awful.