Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD 2 Fix  (Read 3411 times)

Offline govno117

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • govno117 has no influence.
SMOD 2 Fix
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »
Hi everyone, So for a while i played SMod Redux 8 and ran into problem where no enemies would spawn on Half-Life 2: Deathmatch maps even tho i have it installed and ran it "at least" once, then i downloaded SMod CryLife 2 and it was broken, (After all its CBT), then i downloaded 1.7.4 version and it ran fine, until i realised that enemies were so overpowered and it needed tweaking and was buggy so i left it, even tho now i occasionally run it... and so I saw the "so called" smod 2 and downloaded it.

I extracted it into sourcemods folder and it wouldn't start, now can't remember the error, but wouldn't load up.
I opened hl2 ep2 vpk and extracted maps, scenes and put them into smod2 folder.
Game got to main screen, but chapter names were broken, and icons were like hl2, not ep2
I tried launching chapter 1 to see if it will work and it during loading just showed me window with Valve Head from intro and said hl2.exe stopped working.

I know SteamPipe might have broken it, but is there any fix? I'd love to play smod in hl2 ep2(my favourite hl2 game)
I know it doesn't have a lot of weapons, but it's great, so any help would be helpful i guess? Thank you

Offline govno117

Re: SMOD 2 Fix
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »
OK, so i downloaded now smod2.03 from steamreleasearchive by biz put it in and it gave me error

Can't find background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf
Also the valve intro was white for some reason?

Could someone help me? Here is my gameinfo.txt:

"GameInfo"
{
   game       "smod2"
   title       "HALF-LIFE2 SMOD(2)"
   title2      ""

type      singleplayer_only

FileSystem
   {
      SteamAppId            420       // GCF for Episode 2
      ToolsAppId            211      // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
      {
         Game            |gameinfo_path|.
         Game            |all_source_engine_paths|ep2
         Game            |all_source_engine_paths|episodic
         Game            |all_source_engine_paths|hl2
      }
   }
}

Offline govno117

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
Anyone who can help?

Offline Dez

• Dez has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:14:07 AM »
Well my first instinct would be to mention SMOD Standalone. The new steampipe updates broke the way SMOD mounts files, but so far I've been able to run SMOD: Tactical and SMOD: Redux on the standalone launcher without issue. Have a read through that topic and see if you can get SMOD 2 to run with the standalone launcher.

fuck it im out
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:10:51 PM by Dez »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »
yeah but smod 2 is 2007

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
Well my first instinct would be to mention SMOD Standalone. The new steampipe updates broke the way SMOD mounts files, but so far I've been able to run SMOD: Tactical and SMOD: Redux on the standalone launcher without issue. Have a read through that topic and see if you can get SMOD 2 to run with the standalone launcher.
Standalone runs with Source 2006, which is not compatible with 2007.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 06:52:33 AM »
I'm here! And I'm going to save the day! I think...

Smod2 does NOT support steampipe.
What happened there is that, Smod2 is trying to load gcf archives that no longer exist, and therefore fails.
Hence the error you've got: Can't find background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf

What you need to do, is to extract all of the hl2 ep1 and ep2 files.

Allow me to  e x p a n d:
You could just do a nasty coopy-paste job and jam everything into smod2 folder, but since you already have hl2 extracted files( standalone)
you only need to extract ep1 and ep2, you'll also need to link episodic and ep2 folders in gameinfo.txt (similar to link to hl2 folder in crylife gameinfo.txt)

And don't try to run it on standalone, it's different engine version.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch