Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD: Tactical Project Life V2 keeps crashing when using certain weapons.  (Read 2164 times)

Offline rozh001

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • rozh001 has no influence.
I really hope this is the right discussion to ask for help. So a day ago i saw that Project Life was updated so i thougt i would play smod again. It is good fun and all but almost every time i use the rpg or the awm the game crashes. I am not certain if it is the same case with the other weapons because i have not played enough to confirm it. Here is a example. I am playing dm_motel with alot of zombies in it. I see a rpg lying down and i try to pick it up. The second i try to pick it up the whole game crashes. Or another case. i go into the map, rp_csdesert and spawn the AWM. The second i change to that specific weapon it crashes. I did try a solution that was used for SMOD: Realism (Using LAA to let sourceSDK use more than 2gb) but it did not seem to fix it.

Any help guys?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
If it's in 90% cases caused by awm, it might be due to realtime scope not being precatched.
as for other weapons: do you need to pick them up with the "use" key? if so: it happens sometimes, most likely with bady w modeled weapons ( in my case anyway)

Also, moved to SMOD board :)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline rozh001

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • rozh001 has no influence.
For the case of the rpg. Yes that is the case. I have to press the use button to pick it up. But i just started up an hl2 campaign map and spawned in the awm but it seemed to work fine and dandy. Makes me wonder why it does not work in rp_csdesert.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
there's nothing much you can do for the rpg and similar, as for awp:
You'll need to add a precache line to a mapadd file, to a precache block/function, like that:
Code: [Select]
"precache" {
//stuff
//stuff
"model" "models/weapons/v_snip_awp.mdl"
}

just remember to add an actual v_model path and name, the one I've provided it's just a guess
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
You can do something with the RPG, don't press e to pick it up, instead shoot it while you're above it.

I'm not sure EXACTLY what causes the crash, but I think I get why. When you press e to pick up the RPG, you grab the model like you would any other small prop. This causes you to pick it up, the model disappears, the "prop grab mechanism" breaks, while trying to switch you to your new RPG while you shouldn't be able to. So, you crash.

Just shoot it instead, it will make it fly up.
MLG