Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crash on map transitions to d3_c17 maps.  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Mr. Anticitizen

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Mr. Anticitizen has no influence.
Crash on map transitions to d3_c17 maps.
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:06:59 AM »
I've been having problems with map transitions to d3_c17 maps, I've read up on the forum about it and found a thread that mentions some potential fixes but neither worked and one I am not capable of doing. Could anyone help me remedy this issue?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Crash on map transitions to d3_c17 maps.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »
Tried it with mapadd disabled?

Offline Mr. Anticitizen

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »
Removing mapadd only had some success when skipping ahead to the last Nova Prospekt map and transitioning to Kleiner's lab was successful, but loading up my previous save at the point of the teleporter and then transitioning to Kleiners lab still resulted in a crash, despite having Mapadd removed entirely, I tried loading that last Nova Prospekt map through console with the mapadd back in and was able to transition successfully to Kleiner's lab. Is there something else that's the root of the problem other than mapadd?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »
Removing mapadd only had some success when skipping ahead to the last Nova Prospekt map and transitioning to Kleiner's lab was successful, but loading up my previous save at the point of the teleporter and then transitioning to Kleiners lab still resulted in a crash, despite having Mapadd removed entirely, I tried loading that last Nova Prospekt map through console with the mapadd back in and was able to transition successfully to Kleiner's lab. Is there something else that's the root of the problem other than mapadd?

I guess you use SMOD Standalone, which means it's already Large Adress Aware. Do you use vanilla SMOD, or have a large amount of custom weapons or other content? Keep in mind that SMOD is running on an older Source engine, if your texture memory exceeds a certain limit (about 500 MB) then the game is likely to crash at some point (mostly map changes).

Offline Mr. Anticitizen

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 12:30:58 AM »
SMOD Redux-Final on SMOD Standalone.

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »
i have almost the same problem. i always get a crash when transition from kleiners lab to the next lvl. (d3_city17_02)
well its not exactly a crash more a flying through the map a bit and then crash.
i also can load the map from the console just fine, this only happens when i play from the "beginning". so my guess is some kind of overflow or savegame corruption.

Offline Mr. Anticitizen

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
I checked with the "memory" console command and total memory exceeded 500 Megabytes, I decided to reinstall and reskinned my weapons and some other things and memory is around 362 Megabytes, total. Still need to see if those c17 maps will transition though.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »
I have had a similar problem, specifically the third outdoors one (the one with the civil protection base). However, this was before Standalone, and haven't really played through the campaign since then.
What I could figure it might have to do with the game still keeping old redundant information around, such as weapon locations for guns on the ground in nova prospekt, which, of course, it has no reason to. This problem stems from that the HL2 had you carrying all weapons around and not discarding some for inventory space, or atleast most often this is the case. There are other issues that could have occured, but those I am not too experienced in.
My behind is behind me, always watching.