Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Odd Crashing - Is this normal?!?!  (Read 822 times)

Offline foxdimi

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • foxdimi has no influence.
Odd Crashing - Is this normal?!?!
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:22:54 AM »
Whenever I pick up a gun that is not in my inventory with my physgun, the game crashes. I have no idea why. Is this normal? It happened every time. Is it because the item disappeared and the physgun's beam has not cancelled yet? HELP?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Odd Crashing - Is this normal?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 06:00:56 AM »
Does it only happen with the Physgun? Try the Gravity Gun and let me know if it works.

Offline AlexThePipe

• AlexThePipe has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:27:38 AM »
I tried this out myself with the Physgun, and I think I know what causes the crash. I do believe what could be happening is that when you collect a weapon you are currently holding with The Physics Gun, the game is still trying to register a deleted model. The Physics Gun would basically break the game this way, due to a model no longer being there due to poor scripting not thoroughly looked at or a possible lack of bug fixing. No valid return state for the tractor beam is set if the model you are currently holding vanishes, so this is was possibly crashes the game. It's a simple bug that sadly could have been fixed probably if this mod's source code was ever released.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:33:18 AM by AlexThePipe »

Offline foxdimi

• foxdimi has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:08:16 AM »
[redacted]

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:36:23 PM by foxdimi »