Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Newer HL2 Maps not Compatible with SMOD Standalone's Engine  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +6% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
Re: Newer HL2 Maps not Compatible with SMOD Standalone's Engine
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 06:05:12 PM »
So I tried to open the Hammer portion of the SDK and it says HL2 is missing the gameinfo text even though it's in the folder, have any idea how to fix it?

Try to do next:
1)Launch SDK;
2)In menu select "Game configurations";
3)The "Current game configuration" window will appear. Choose Half-life 2 in the list, then click "Edit", and then write the correct directory for hl2 folder in source sdk. Like, by default it is "c:\sourcesdk\l2", then you should you change it as like d:\randomfolder\sourcesdk\hl2" depending on your real directory;
4)Click ok, then choose half-life 2 in "current game" at the bottom of the sdk's menu;
5)Launch hammer.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 06:23:48 PM »
Dude you gave me a virus, I can't delete or move the folder and that box.exe is missing yet it's in the zip file.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
Dude you gave me a virus, I can't delete or move the folder and that box.exe is missing yet it's in the zip file.

Wait, what box.exe? And what do you mean you cant move/delete the folder? There is no real virus, I have been using this sdk for years and I hadn't any problem  :o

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »

Wait, what box.exe? And what do you mean you cant move/delete the folder? There is no real virus, I have been using this sdk for years and I hadn't any problem  :o

My virus scanner detected a Trojan named "Box.exe" inside the zip and when I extracted it the exe was gone. When I opened the tools there's a "SteamHelper.exe" running and when you cancel it in a few seconds it returns and I couldn't move or delete the SourceSDK folder. It's a virus, I don't know if you put it in there or someone else did but I don't appreciate it.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 12:08:29 AM »
I downloaded it just to see if it's a false positive, but it detected a trojin and canceled the download. Might want to check that rar.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:21 AM »
On a different note does anyone have a working SourceSDK 06's or a fix for my SourceSDK so I can start mapping in the 06' engine? Surely someone here has something to help me out since it's the only way to map for SMOD?

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 08:21:01 AM »

My virus scanner detected a Trojan named "Box.exe" inside the zip and when I extracted it the exe was gone. When I opened the tools there's a "SteamHelper.exe" running and when you cancel it in a few seconds it returns and I couldn't move or delete the SourceSDK folder. It's a virus, I don't know if you put it in there or someone else did but I don't appreciate it.

box.exe is not a virus. I checked it by my antivirus and online virus scanners. And guys who made this sdk said that it is a common problem then some antiviruses think of this file as a trojan, while in reality it isn't.
But about steamhelper.exe I don't know  :( I hadn't even have that problem. I'm sorry  :-[ If I knew that there was something bad it this sdk I would never give it to you. I have been using this sdk for a very long time and I thought that it will help you too. But it didn't as it seems  :-[ Sorry  :-[

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 07:52:01 AM »

box.exe is not a virus. I checked it by my antivirus and online virus scanners. And guys who made this sdk said that it is a common problem then some antiviruses think of this file as a trojan, while in reality it isn't.
But about steamhelper.exe I don't know  :( I hadn't even have that problem. I'm sorry  :-[ If I knew that there was something bad it this sdk I would never give it to you. I have been using this sdk for a very long time and I thought that it will help you too. But it didn't as it seems  :-[ Sorry  :-[

I'd honestly give you the benefit of the doubt. My Anti-virus (avast) is kinda made in such a way to protect idiots from themselves.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 02:23:14 PM »
I'm just curious as to why there's an exe called "box.exe" in the first place.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
I'd honestly give you the benefit of the doubt. My Anti-virus (avast) is kinda made in such a way to protect idiots from themselves.

Thank you for support, FreeKill :) I checked the online virus scan's result again and noticed that Avast indeed thinks of it as a trojan, while mine(Kaspersky btw) doesn't. So it's a common case, I guess.

I'm just curious as to why there's an exe called "box.exe" in the first place.

It's for window messages. I clicked it and it launched a blank window with "Message" in the title. So it's, I think, for some message showing, like errors or such.
Btw, may I wonder If you have you gotten rid of the steamhelper.exe and deleting sdk problems?

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 03:55:45 AM »
I tried the program anyway and it didn't work, couldn't load hammer up correctly and the vbsp wouldn't compile the maps. Thanks for trying Zoldat but it looks like the project is dead in the water without a way to compile maps with the 06' compiler.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 05:12:13 AM »
Does anyone on here have a fix for me so I can compile my maps in the 06' compiler? Surely someone on here has a solution, hard to imagine that no one has ever compiled a map for SMOD.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »
Have you tried setting up Hammer to use EP1's SDK tools?

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »

Will episode 1's compiler work with SMOD and when you say "hammer" do you mean setting it up in SourceSDK or in the bin/hammer by selecting "Half-Life 2: Episode 1" in the dropdown menu?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »

Will episode 1's compiler work with SMOD and when you say "hammer" do you mean setting it up in SourceSDK or in the bin/hammer by selecting "Half-Life 2: Episode 1" in the dropdown menu?
Yes, it will work with EP1's tools. And you don't have to select "Half-Life 2: Episode 1", just change the path of the compiler's .exes to their respective EP1 counterparts.