Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A fix for viewmodel hands vanishing or distorting on recompile?  (Read 553 times)

Offline Dazza-chan

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Dazza-chan has no influence.
A fix for viewmodel hands vanishing or distorting on recompile?
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:06:36 AM »
What are the possible causes for viewmodel hand distortion? or in the case of a few weapons im trying to use, completely vanishing hand rigs when recompiling, anyone have any ideas what sort of things i need to change to fix this? I'm using crowbar.

I'm no modeller btw, i have only minimal experience so be nice please.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Re: A fix for viewmodel hands vanishing or distorting on recompile?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:48:02 AM »
SMOD was built an ancient version of Source that dates back to the original 2004 release of HL2, so any models compiled on engine versions newer than EP1 will have issues. Since Valve updated all the Source games to run on a newer branch of the engine years ago and moved the tool sets into the games themselves, that basically means all of them. :-\

The only studiomdl version SMOD is fully compatible with is included in the old Source SDK that should still be available through Steam. The studiomdl version you'll want to use should be in "common\SourceSDK\bin\ep1\bin" once it is installed. Be aware that because it is an old compiler that it has limitations newer versions don't have, like not accepting models that have more than 10000 polygons per material.

Offline Dazza-chan

• Dazza-chan has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 02:05:19 AM »
Cheers for that onemanshow! Ill try recompiling through the old studio mdl and see how i go.

Offline Napapong

• Napapong has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »
How can we retrieve lost things back?