Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [CUSTOM] MK 18 Mod 1 assault rifle  (Read 966 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +6% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
[CUSTOM] MK 18 Mod 1 assault rifle
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
[CUSTOM]MK18 Mod 1
Port of a Left 4 Dead 2's custom weapon for Smod/Half-Life 2.

This gun was requested by Alex Lidnt. It's a custom weapon originally made for Left 4 Dead 2.
Now, I had some troubles with this one. The main issue is that it was made for latest version of Source Engine, so it is a complicated model that only the latest branch of engine can handle. Trying to even compile it for older version unmodified results in errors and even if is done the Smod will just crash on loading the model.
So I had to edit the models. While the view model is mostly like the original only without flashlight and mag belt thing, the world model is missing a lof of details. Sorry for that, but that's the only way Smod can handle the model  :-[
Like my previous release this weapon has 3d realtime scopes  ;D Also there are two hands models - HEV hands and CSS gloves  :)
Hope you'll all like it, especially you, Alex Lindt  ;)  8)

Update: I updated the viewmodel and added the laser peq on it, though I had to edit it by removing some details so the compiler could handle it. I updated the rar file, but if you just want to download viewmodels, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qh1sj38k19fqimj/mk18_for_smod_viewmodel_fix.rar

Features:
-Real-time scope(make sure you have r_subviewcam set to 1);
-Working world models;
-Two hands model - HEV hands(Half-Life 2) and Counter-Strike: Source gloves;
-Has distant gunfires sound for NPCs;
-Has the weapon icon.

Link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/3bqbf07zoc7fu0b/mk18_for_smod.rar

Link to updated viewmodels: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qh1sj38k19fqimj/mk18_for_smod_viewmodel_fix.rar

Credits:

The original skin is here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=596928609
Original authors:
Tigg-AR15 body,Foregrip
ImBrokeRU-silencer,folding sight,reload animation
Odec3D-Anpeq-15
Cele-animations
Nightmaremutant-sound
RedRogueXIII -Surefire X300 model,Magpul Mag pull model $ texture
retour-Surefire X300 texture
Ryujin, Ardvarkdb, Sabre, TheDudeAbides -RIS II rail system
-------
Real-time scope materials: Pepsifan04

Porting, rigging, editing and compiling into Smod/Half-Life 2 by me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:44:06 AM by Zoldat »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [CUSTOM] MK 18 Mod 1 assault rifle
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »
Very neat! Nice job porting it from L4D2, I was using this skin for some time there.

Only thing I would like to point out is the weird shading. Did you use the textures straight from L4D2?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:00:56 PM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Zoldat

• +6% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:41:02 PM »
Very neat! Nice job porting it from L4D2, I was using this skin for some time there.

Only thing I would like to point out is the weird shading. Did you use the textures straight from L4D2?

Thanks  :D Well, I didn't change the textures, that are used for this gun, besides reducing phong parameters in vmt, because on older engine with original values it looked horrible. And for me It looks normal, what's the matter?  :P

Offline Alex184

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Alex184 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
Once again a ton of thanks!!!!

did not even dreamed of seeing this in HL2
I have the impression that it was my birthday, well it wasn't :D, nonetheless I got an amazing present :D