Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [HELP] Setting up Crowbar for SMOD  (Read 1531 times)

Offline AnOldLady

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • AnOldLady has no influence.
[HELP] Setting up Crowbar for SMOD
« on: August 16, 2018, 08:37:17 AM »
I'm trying to compile v_weapons for SMOD, using stock HL2 weapons but they end up being invisible in-game and unable to open in Model Viewer. I've used the current HL2 build of weapons and the build from sdk_content in steamapps folder but to no avail. I know that we have to use the ep1 compiler but I can't get it to work with Crowbar as it always says "cant find steam app user info". Anyone who model for SMOD can help me here?

Offline Zoldat

• +6% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
Re: [HELP] Setting up Crowbar for SMOD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »
I myself have a custom Russian made Source SDK build, whose model compiler compiles models(sorry for tautology) so they will work in Smod just fine.
I once wanted to share it to some guy here on Bsnooch who wanted to compile models for older Source engine too, but it didn't work for him for some reason. Also there was false virus alarm in this thing.

If you want it, I could share it.

Offline AnOldLady

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »
Yes please that would be awesome.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 12:42:32 PM »
Ok, here's the SDK installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fmg698vb97f18m/HL2CSMSDK.rar/file

Hope that it will be helpful  :)

Offline AnOldLady

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Mediafire won't let me download because they regard it as dangerous and blocked it XD

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »
Mediafire won't let me download because they regard it as dangerous and blocked it XD

Darn it!  :-[ Okay, I packed an installed SDK into archive, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bircl3uaaq2zi22/CSMSDKarch.rar/file

Had to remove one file(bin/box.exe) so I it won't get blocked. At least I hope on that  :-\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:55:26 AM by Zoldat »

Offline xdanielx52

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • xdanielx52 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 05:37:57 PM »
what is bin/box.exe anyway? my non-steam source sdk 2006 version came with it too and avast was deleting it right away (am i allowed to say non-steam version here? because i do have the valve complete pack on steam but i don't trust valve anymore with older source versions. using this version saves me a lot of trouble made by any future updates :P )
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
what is bin/box.exe anyway? my non-steam source sdk 2006 version came with it too and avast was deleting it right away

I think it was intended to show some messages via pop-up window box(like, i dunno, to update SDK with patch or somethin'). Because if you launch it directly, a blank pop-up with "Message" title and OK button will appear. Maybe it was in official older SDK version too, and that thing could be remnant from that  :P

Offline Chyvachok

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
Interesting thing what I also used some Russian SDK for compiling stuff. Also I happy what someone made Crowbar, very useful as decompiler, because old model decompilers always corrupt animations of models from Episode 2 or newer versions of Source Engine.