Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [CUSTOM] Sci-Fi Hoverbike for Airboat  (Read 109 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
[CUSTOM] Sci-Fi Hoverbike for Airboat
« on: September 13, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »
Fututistic Hoverbike
A hi-tech hover vehicle to traverse polluted water of dystopian future.

There are not many vehicle skins for Half-Life 2 and most of them are just reskins. So I became a little bit bored with original airboat and decided to replace it with something new.
Originaly I wanted to port SligWolfs hovercraft for Garry's mod to Smod, since it seemed as a good replacement for rusty airboat, but there were problems. For some odd reason, the compiled model had water trails(you leave them behind while driving) being created in the middle of the model, making it look like the hovercraft had a hull breach with water in driver seat. The strange thing is this problem occured even with original airboat, even if it was compiled with Valve provided smd files in SDK  :o  Maybe it was a fault of my Source Engine 2006 model compiler. Anyway, I couldn't deal with that, and so began my attempts to fix that.
First I looked at "raytrace_" attachments in the model. Changing the Y-axis position made the boat hover over water, but didn't fixed the water trails. Then I looked at $origin, changed the third value of it, and that fixed the issue. But that made the hoverboat float in the air while on "ground", so I wasn't very happy with that. But then I remembered a neat looking hoverbike model for C.S 1.6 addon I saw on Gamebanana and decided to port it instead since the hovering effect wouldn't hurt it much ::)

So here it is, a hoverbike for Smod  ;D Now, there are two issues you should know before trying it out. The first are textures - the model was made for Goldsource so they are lowpoly and of low resolution. I'm a novice in materials, thus I can't upgrade them good, sorry  :'( The second is that sometimes after a water landing the bike would tilt in side and drive like that. This can be fixed after driving to the ground.

It has a properly set mount gun, which you can see on screenshots below. Also there are two identical models of bike, one as a replacement for airboat and other as a separate model in case you want to put it in your map/mapadd.

Hope you will like it  ;D

The link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnqr57z79u4eycl/smod_hoverbike.rar/file

Credits:
Original authours:
The original model can be found there: https://gamebanana.com/skins/150848
Model & Texture: Ptis
Port & Texture Remap: C A T
--------
Importing to Half-Life 2/S-Mod and editing by me.

Screens:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:36:54 PM by Zoldat »

Offline Chyvachok

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
Re: [CUSTOM] Sci-Fi Hoverbike for Airboat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
Nice replacement, there indeed not many new models for vehicles.

Offline Zoldat

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
Re: [CUSTOM] Sci-Fi Hoverbike for Airboat
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »
Nice replacement, there indeed not many new models for vehicles.

Thanks  :D