Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [CUSTOM] Vektor CR-21  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +6% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
[CUSTOM] Vektor CR-21
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
Vektor CR-21
Futuristic looking South African prototype assault bullpup rifle.

This neat looking rifle is from the game called Alliance of Valiant Arms(or A.V.A for short). I liked the look of it, so I decided to animate it  :) The rifle model, along with few others, were extracted by TehAgentGuy on Facepunch. The original links were't working anymore(and I was scared of it at firsth  :o) but luckily good guy named ZigZiggyZag reuploaded the files, so that's good  :D
It has 3d real-time scope, two hand models variants(CSS and HEV hands) and white and black camo skin variant.

Hope you'll like it  ;D

Features:
-Real-time scope(make sure you have r_subviewcam set to 1);
-Working world models;
-Two hands model - HEV hands(Half-Life 2) and Counter-Strike: Source gloves;
-Optional white and black camo skin;
-Has distant gunfires sound for NPCs;
-Has the weapon icon.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4p2xl4pa32atdpq/vektor+cr21+for+smod.rar

Credits:

Model and textures: Red Duck Inc.
Assets extraction: TehAgentGuy(https://forum.facepunch.com/f/fbx/qrwb/Alliance-of-Valiant-Arms-Weapons-Pack-1/1/)
Reuploading files: ZigZiggyZag(from the same site above)
Reloading and firing sounds: Magmacow(https://gamebanana.com/sounds/28851 and https://gamebanana.com/sounds/28249 respectively)
Mag slap and cloth sounds: NightmareMutant(https://gamebanana.com/sounds/19622 and https://gamebanana.com/sounds/21204)
Weapon rattle sound: Navaro (https://gamebanana.com/sounds/23980)
-----
Real-time scope materials: Pepsifan04
Porting, rigging, animating, editing and compiling into Smod/Half-Life 2 by me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:27:15 PM by Zoldat »

Offline minmi96

• +8% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Re: [CUSTOM] Vektor CR-21
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
Awesome Work! Glad to see People are still making Content for SMOD.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:31:59 AM »
Awesome Work! Glad to see People are still making Content for SMOD.

Thanks  ;D Well, it's just an awesome mod  :)

Offline Chyvachok

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 11:34:44 AM »
Really nice gun, interesting which program you use for animating? And do you know any good tutorials for that? I know some basics and can only edit existing ones, and try move hand if it clips into new weapon but when I need actually fully new complex animation like reload my abilities sadly are very limited, especially with proper hand movement.

Also if I needed to make reload animation for weapon can I ask you help with that?

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 07:22:49 PM »
Really nice gun, interesting which program you use for animating? And do you know any good tutorials for that? I know some basics and can only edit existing ones, and try move hand if it clips into new weapon but when I need actually fully new complex animation like reload my abilities sadly are very limited, especially with proper hand movement.

Also if I needed to make reload animation for weapon can I ask you help with that?

Thanks  ;D I use 3ds Max for animating. About tutorials - I guess there are some, but I learned it myself  ::)  I mean, I learned how to make simple animation like moving object from one point to another, how to rotate, that basic stuff. Then I started experimenting. My first serious animations were ones for GM-94. I spent about two weeks on them.

If I had to give some advice on this matter, it would be this: Animating is hard, but not too hard. Of course, to make good enough reload animation, you have to spent considerable amount of time, but when you learned how it works, it becomes more tedious than hard to animate. And of course, the first time you doing this its very hard, but only because it's your first steps in animating.
For creating cool or at least normal looking animations I would recomend looking at weapons animations from other games(like CoD or Battlefield) and Source games animators(like Mr. Brightside for CS:S). Also check out the advice given to me by Monkatraz here on Bsnooch: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1863.msg12002#msg12002
Keep trying - that I will say in the end \(^_^)/

And yes, you can ask me about reload animation request  :)

Offline Chyvachok

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »
About 3DS Max, its probably noob question, but I can't found solution for it, when I import smd file it seems like gives some kind of length for imported bones, and limits movement by it, I mean when I try move weapon magazine down, it instead of moving magazine rotates whole weapon down for some reason, interesting how to remove this?

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
About 3DS Max, its probably noob question, but I can't found solution for it, when I import smd file it seems like gives some kind of length for imported bones, and limits movement by it, I mean when I try move weapon magazine down, it instead of moving magazine rotates whole weapon down for some reason, interesting how to remove this?

Well, its issues of bone being linked/connectb to another and moving them in 3ds max. When one bone is linked(connected) to another, the attempt to move child bone will rotate the parent one. So magazine would flip the gun, like you said. For me, the solution is unlink/unconnect magazine bone, do the movement thing and then link it to gun bone back. Then you will have an animation of magazine disconecting from weapon without the latter being flipped.

Ideally, before animating the whole weapon, you shoudl do next steps:
1)Unlink mag bone;
2)Make two identical "idle" movements keys. It's a little hard to explain, but what I mean is you have your mag bone start anim key at 0, you go to key 5, set here micro-movomenet like 0,001 so you could make "proper" movement anim without actual visible movement, and then you repeat it second time at key 10. "Why should I do that?" you ask. Well, for proper animation. You see, if you just create movement, the object will go from the start of whole animation. And mag will go down before you need to. You need to make "start" anim key so the animation would go as intented. Whats why you make first non-really-movement animation. The second one you will use for sending mag bone back in place in the end.
3)Now you make actual movement animation at, lets say, key 7 and the clone of it at 8. The first one is self-explanatory. The second one you make so the mag bone will stay somewhere below the gun before the start of "insert fresh mag" animation.
4)When all steps above are done, go to key 0 and link mag bone to weapon bone. If done right, you will see the mag going back and forth without flipping the gun. Of course, seemingly ejected mag will still move and rotate with the gun, but you should just move mag way from gun, ok?  8)
5)THEN you animate the gun.

Hope I explained it well. Now, there can be issues with proper mag movement. With some weapon models mag bone will not go, lets say, down, but to right instead when linked to gun again :o This usualyy happens to weapons models which were bulit not for Source engine and can also be related to who 3ds max works with some models. In that case, you should experiment and seemin which occasions where bone moves when linked. Like, if you want mag move forward but it moves right after linking, maybe you should move it right, hoping it would go forward. It's depends on model.

I hope I didn't turn you out from animating  ::) :P

Offline Chyvachok

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »
Thanks for reply :)