Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Grey texture at medium or long range  (Read 125 times)

Offline quangmap33

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • quangmap33 has no influence.
Grey texture at medium or long range
« on: December 25, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
Now i'm playing smod redux final and i have some texture issue where when i'm stand at long range or medium range it just turn grey all over the place, this issue make me harder to spot enemies in the brigade battle map. Is there any way to fix it, thank

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
Re: Grey texture at medium or long range
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »
Without screenshots it's hard to tell what you're experiencing, but...

Hi all, I've been playing through the HL2 campaign using SMOD standalone and it's really great (Thanks Pepsifan!), but I need help with a graphical glitch that's been bothering me. For some reason, some objects and NPCs on my game fade to a washed-out grey/white colour when they are at a medium to long distance away. It happens on standalone/vanilla and standalone/redux final (haven't tried anything else yet), does anyone know how to fix it?

Pics related:
-pics-
Thanks in advance if anyone can help, and thanks to all involved in contributing to this mod over the years.

are you, by any chance, runnig SMOD on integrated gpu or using opengl instead DX,
because this is what happens when I'm runnign SMOD on OpenGL/integrated gpu card
Links to screenshots in original posts are dead, unfortunately...
Try forcing the game to run using directX (this issue is quite common on laptops) and if that does not help then I blame windows 10 DX9 update
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR