Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD Dialog sound bug.  (Read 1404 times)

Offline SMOD guy

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • SMOD guy has no influence.
SMOD Dialog sound bug.
« on: December 20, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »
Hello. I have a problem. Recently I installed voice player for SMOD (here is the link:https://www.moddb.com/mods/smod/downloads/caleb-voice-replacement-for-smod) and it does not work in the console appears here is such an error:
Failed to load sound "bot\nice_shot.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository. Do you know how to fix it? If Yes you can help?
Greetings from Russia!

Offline Arctor

• Arctor has no influence.
Re: SMOD Dialog sound bug.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 12:05:23 PM »
In your SMOD folder you want to navigate to sound/player/dialogue. There should be a folder named "bot" and if there isn't, create a new folder and name it "bot" Place all of the custom dialogue sounds into the bot folder and test it to see if it works.

Offline SMOD guy

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »
I placed sounds (sound/player/dialogue/bot) But I have the same error :(
Greetings from Russia!

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:27:58 PM »
First of all check if there was attached "game_sounds_player.txt" with the replacement pack, if yes, then you need to overwrite the one inside <your smod>/scripts/ folder
If not, check if said file points to correct sound files (for ex. Player.Dialog.KilledHostile_bt points to bot/nice_shot.wav).
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline SMOD guy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 12:49:42 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry I'm only answering you now. In the section " game_sounds_player.txt " there were no sounds, but I tried to insert them there, but it didn't work, the sounds themselves are recorded correctly (nice_shot.wav) I don't know what to do with this problem. :(
Greetings from Russia!