Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What is SMOD: NEW ORDER? (New mod based on SMOD)  (Read 853 times)

Offline SMOD guy

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • SMOD guy has no influence.
What is SMOD: NEW ORDER? (New mod based on SMOD)
« on: January 12, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Hello everyone, today I will tell you what is SMOD: the new order. This modification is an attempt to combine smod Redux Final and the theme of the Second world war. What I'm currently developing is a kind of "revival" since the original mod didn't come out. What has been done so far? Replaced a huge quantity of decals, added 6 full-fledged missions, moved some functions from SMOD Redux to 10 (v2) and SMOD tactical, replaced a huge number of textures and models, is working on new varieties of enemies (in fact, it's just skins) and much more. It is also planned to replace almost all custom weapons with new ones, leaving only the flamethrower, Mauser 98k, M3 grease gun and incendiary grenades. The weapon will be replaced with the one that was ported from Call of Duty World at War.
Here is a list of weapons that are planned to be added:

Pistols:
Tokarev TT-33
Colt M1911 variant
Nambu Type 14

Submachine Guns:
 PPSh-41
Thompson M1A1
Type 100
STEN Mk2

Shotguns:
Double-barreled shotgun
TOZ-34

Rifles:
Arisaka Type 38
FG 42
M1 Carbine
Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine
Springfield M1903A1
Tokarev SVT-40
Gewehr 43
Lee-Enfield No. 4

Anti-Materiel Rifles:
PTRS-41

Machine Guns:
Browning M1919A4
Browning Automatic Rifle M1918A2
Degtyaryev DP-28
MG42
Type 99

Of course, do not forget that the standard weapons and what is left will be replaced with skins, some of which will be ported from Call of Duty: World at War. Now, on the way to release, there is one strange problem, I can't compile models for SMOD, I know how to do it, but every time I try, an error occurs: "Can't find steam app user info." I can't solve this problem for quite some time, no solution helps. If you know how to solve this problem, then please let me know the solution. Information about the development will be published every two weeks.

Here is a link to the modification page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-new-order-revival
Link to the modification group in Discord: https://discord.gg/Rk8frsE
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:14:25 PM by SMOD guy »
Greetings from Russia!

Offline SMOD guy

Re: What is SMOD: NEW ORDER? (New mod based on SMOD)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »
I want to immediately apologize for the fact that I did not immediately publish information about the development of the mod. My hard drive burned out. :(
So here's what I did in two weeks:

The work on propaganda Has been completely finished. (posters of combines)
Completed work on the Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk2 rifle.
Ported model of the STEN submachine gun from Day od Defeat.
Work has started on changing the graphics (something between the version of "Orange box" and " HL2 Update")
Fixed some bugs.

Next post in a week.
Greetings from Russia!

Offline SMOD guy

Re: What is SMOD: NEW ORDER? (New mod based on SMOD)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
So I want to apologize to everyone for being away for so long. I just had nothing to say :( Now I have some information about the development of the modification.
Well, here's what I've done in that time:

Full processing of models of Japanese soldiers (of course it would be more correct to say soldiers of the Japanese Imperial army)
Full port of weapon models from CoD: world at war,
Transferring the "Shrine" map from NeoTokyo.
Reworked: Grease gun and STEN Mk2
Reworked music and sound atmosphere (Music is a set of tracks from EP1 and EP2)
Father Grigori is replaced by a Soviet soldier
Reworked the texture of the HEV suit and the player model.

Well, now I will publish messages about the development when there is something to say.

Here is a link to the modification page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-new-order-revival
Link to the modification group in Discord: https://discord.gg/Rk8frsE

Greetings from Russia!