Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How do I make a laser weapon?  (Read 263 times)

Offline SMOD guy

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • SMOD guy has no influence.
How do I make a laser weapon?
« on: June 15, 2020, 06:02:35 PM »
So, how do I make a laser weapon (roughly like in SMOD redux final). I need to have minimal ballistics, the beam was quite fast and red, as well (if possible) when killing the creature must be annihilated (as in HL2) Is it possible to implement this?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:17:53 PM by SMOD guy »

Greetings from Russia!

Offline Zoldat

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
Re: How do I make a laser weapon?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »
I guess by "sushesvtvo dalzhno anningilirovatsya (as in HL2)" you mean that NPCs vaporize when hit by a Combine energy ball?

Anyway, if you want something like energy projectiles, then you can use EnergyBullet. It is used to create energy projectiles. You can make it fly fast, but don't make it too fast or else it will fly off the trajectory, since Source engine(at least, older one) can't handle very fast projectiles.
You can read about EnergyBullet here: http://smod.wikidot.com/script:weapon-custom/noredirect/true#ws_energybullet
And here's the weapon that uses it: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=406

You can set damage type of energy bullet, and among them there is one called "DMG_ENERGYBEAM", but I don't know if it will annihilate NPC when it's killed. I do know that "DMG_SHOCK" will make NPC's corpse twitch from electricity.

But if you wanted a weapon that fires a laser beam that instantly hit the target, like the Smod's Lasergun, them I'm sorry but it's impossible to create one - custom weapon script simply doesn't have a function to create such laser beam :-[

Offline SMOD guy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »
Yes, that's what I meant. (Combine energy ball) Sorry for this strange combination of "words" :-\. Thank you for explaining how to create a laser weapon :D, yet, in the BSMOD I noticed a tab called "Laser weapon", you do not know how to configure it?

Greetings from Russia!

Offline Zoldat

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat barely matters.Zoldat barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »
Yes, that's what I meant. (Combine energy ball) Sorry for this strange combination of "words" :-\. Thank you for explaining how to create a laser weapon :D, yet, in the BSMOD I noticed a tab called "Laser weapon", you do not know how to configure it?

You're welcome  :)

Honestly, I didn't look at it, so I don't know how it works and if it even works in the first place. To be fair, I'm waiting for next BSMOD update, since it'll bring some changes to custom weapon script - maybe that thing will be changed too.

Offline SMOD guy

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 03:54:19 AM »
Okay, thanks.

Greetings from Russia!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal