Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [REPLACEMENT] New Alyx Gun Animations (UPDATED TO V1.3)  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
[REPLACEMENT] New Alyx Gun Animations (UPDATED TO V1.3)
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
UPDATED 1/29/11: I don't know how the lack of a reload sound slipped by for so long, but i've updated it with one. Along with some animation tweaks including a fire mode switch animation. This weapon now uses a custom sound script. See the install instructions on custom weapons on how to add the new sound script to your manifest.

An improved version of my older compile of the SMOD Alyx Gun view model on Dr. Zoidberg's pistol animations. This time the dead frames have been fixed. And i edited the mesh to more closely resemble the world model.

THIS IS INTENDED TO ONLY BE USED FOR:
-SMOD 40a
-SMOD Redux Version 7
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS MODEL FOR ANYTHING OTHER THEN THE INTENDED MOD(S).

Features:
-Improved animations more fitting for the Alyx Gun.
-Edited Mesh that more closely resembles the world model.

Credits:
Models/Textures/Animations/Sounds: Valve/The SMOD Author
New Animations: Dr. Strangelove (AKA Dr. Zoidberg)
Model Edits/SMOD Compile: Onemanshow

SMOD - Upgraded Alyxgun Animations

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:50:39 PM by FreeKill »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: [REPLACEMENT] New Alyx Gun Animations (UPDATED TO V1.3)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
no sense in keeping all those old mirrors up :o

Offline Igoreso

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Igoreso has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
Wow. I completely forgot about this one, looks nice. But can I ask you to edit deploy animation?
It seems like it was made for HL2:DM and therefore deploy animation combines fast holster anim and then deploy anim.
Could you separate them? I mean remove holster-anim part and make it separate anim (act_vm_holster)?
I use holster anims in my mod so that + fire mode switch anim would be jsut perfect.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
Wow. I completely forgot about this one, looks nice. But can I ask you to edit deploy animation?
It seems like it was made for HL2:DM and therefore deploy animation combines fast holster anim and then deploy anim.
Could you separate them? I mean remove holster-anim part and make it separate anim (act_vm_holster)?
I use holster anims in my mod so that + fire mode switch anim would be jsut perfect.

I don't quite understand. There's no deploy animation being used here, just the usual ACT_VM_DRAW and ACT_VM_HOLSTER (which in HL2SP is only played when picking up an object IIRC). The fire mode switch animation replaces the ACT_VM_DRYFIRE (which is what SMOD calls for when switching the alyxgun fire mode).

Offline Igoreso

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »
Whoops, by "deploy" anims I meant "draw" anims. I added that to my mod and draw anim seems fine, which is strange because when I added it to SMOD draw anim looked HL2:DM-styled (where Valve got lazy and instead of making weapons play holster anim on switching they just edited draw anims by adding short & fast holster anim at the beginning to make it look like it was previous weapon that was holstered).

But also I found a problem with holster anim. And that problem exists in SMOD too. Act_vm_holster activity in this model seems to have 2 sequences (I'm not using model viewer or something, I was testing it in-game) or it's just not done right because when act_vm_holster is played (e.g. picking up an object) it's sometimes played with a twitch. I could make a video of that but I need you to a recommend me a program. :)

EDIT: I just remembered that stock HL2 pistol have same problem with holster anim. And I guess Dr. Zoidberg's anims were based on stock ones. So this problem is 6+ years old. :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:22:36 PM by Igoreso »

Offline Spasior

• IKEA Meatballs Son!!!
  • +3% chance to make useful post
  • Spasior has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:31:22 AM »
It is'nt a bug or something that valve got lazy at.
Source is a deathmatch engine.  8)
erutangiS

Offline Igoreso

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
Maybe, but they certainly got lazy on pistol holster anim. :)
For some reason it got even worse with this model.