Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: NPC Not firing guns  (Read 3687 times)

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
NPC Not firing guns
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »
Lets say I give a Combine solder a 357, All he does it stare at me.

Is there something wrong with the animation prefixes?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: NPC Not firing guns
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
Lets say I give a Combine solder a 357, All he does it stare at me.

Is there something wrong with the animation prefixes?

The Python is hard coded and not programmed to get used by npcs.

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »
That's no problem, But OneManShow's OICW is the same way, He just stares at me.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
While i'm at it, how would someone completely replace the 357 with a custom weapon?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »

Yes but the OICW is a custom weapon!(Add to NPC "AnimType" "ar2" to fix that.Dont know why OneManShow forgot that.) but the Python is hard coded!

Offline Doritosman

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Doritosman has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
While i'm at it, how would someone completely replace the 357 with a custom weapon?

Script up a custom weapon and then in smod/scripts/override_class.txt, add this chunk to the "default_map" section:

Code: [Select]
"weapon_357" {
"weapon_custom20" "100"
}

Change the 20 to whatever number your custom weapon was. Make sure smod_override_classname is set to 1.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

Yes but the OICW is a custom weapon!(Add to NPC "AnimType" "ar2" to fix that.Dont know why OneManShow forgot that.)

Actually, that code is present. The problem is that i forgot to convert the world model to use the AR2 events (it's using the SMG1's instead). Oops. :-\

I'll be sure to fix it by the end of the month. Thanks for letting me know of this problem.

Also, i'll be uploading a custom weapon remake of the .357 by the end of the month as well. It'll have a higher detail world model and compatibility with NPC's. It's almost identical to the stock HL2 one aside from some very small recoil differences and a slightly faster firing rate.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
So if I change the animation prefix to smg1, will it work?

Offline veteran_gamer

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • veteran_gamer barely matters.veteran_gamer barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »
sweeeet!

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »
So if I change the animation prefix to smg1, will it work?

It should.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »
Ok.