Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wood N Steel.  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Timmeh!

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Timmeh! has no influence.
Wood N Steel.
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
I found this weapon pack but it is compiled in the new source engine. can someone recompile it for the smod engine? 

http://www.gamebanana.com/hl2/skins/110861

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Wood N Steel.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
I found this weapon pack but it is compiled in the new source engine. can someone recompile it for the smod engine? 

http://www.gamebanana.com/hl2/skins/110861

Just decompile the models, fix rotations and compile them on old Sourec.Done.Job of 10 mins

Offline Timmeh!

• Timmeh! has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
Do you know a tutorial that shows how to do that?

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
I love that pack. love that drum gansta looking thompson as well that kick ass ak with GL.
The thompson with drum mag has a seperate or standalone model you can easily use for smod
you can get at fpsbanana hl2 models.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:31:29 AM by IronCore »
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
This would be a cool project if someone could get on it.

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:04 AM »
Not very fond of all the weapons in this pack, but there are a select few I'm interested in. :) I'll see what I can do.

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:11:32 AM »
Sorry, guys. I keep getting this stupid, vague error in console and I have no idea how to solve this material problem I'm having. :( Already tried converting it with GUIStudioMDL but still ain't working for some odd reason.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
Sorry, guys. I keep getting this stupid, vague error in console and I have no idea how to solve this material problem I'm having. :( Already tried converting it with GUIStudioMDL but still ain't working for some odd reason.

Export them to .tga, import them to .vtf again.werks then.

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
What tool would you use to do that sort of thing?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
What tool would you use to do that sort of thing?

VTFEdit

Offline Greylore

• Greylore has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
I'm going to take this as a challenge for me to compile all those  8) .  I'm probably only gonna do a few, but the shotgun is a definite.  Shhh, be very very qwiet.  I'm hunting Combwine Metwopolice.
Edit:  Re-compiled the shotgun model for ep1 engine and changed vtf formats to dxt1 and dxt5 for normal.
Wish me luck :) .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:27:21 AM by Greylore »

Offline Greylore

• Greylore has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »
FREAKIN' Forearm's going haywire.  Broken anim's.  Vmodel rotated 90 degrees  yaw.  Any help on why this is happening?  It happens whenever i decompile source 2009 models....

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 07:57:24 AM »
I'm having the same "yaw" issue. I'm also getting an "error index" in console. Should I be worried?

And this thing probably isn't going to work out. There is no reload animation. It just isn't built for the sort of weapon I'm trying to achieve. Of course, it's supposed to be a replacement for the "grenade" but I should've known this wouldn't turn out well. Mayhaps I'll try the RPG instead, but first I'm hoping to find a way to fix this yaw problem.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »
I'm having the same "yaw" issue. I'm also getting an "error index" in console. Should I be worried?

And this thing probably isn't going to work out. There is no reload animation. It just isn't built for the sort of weapon I'm trying to achieve. Of course, it's supposed to be a replacement for the "grenade" but I should've known this wouldn't turn out well. Mayhaps I'll try the RPG instead, but first I'm hoping to find a way to fix this yaw problem.

No reload for all weapons?And u did the snap rotate -90 fix?Oh I also see the thing with the .VTFs works.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:21:22 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52:03 AM »
No reload for all weapons?And u did the snap rotate -90 fix?Oh I also see the thing with the .VTFs works.

I think it's only for this one. Like I said, it's a grenade replacement model. And yes, I did the snap rotate fix.