Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help! How to set up a RT Scope for viewmodels?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline JoshZemlinsky

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • JoshZemlinsky has no influence.
Help! How to set up a RT Scope for viewmodels?
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm completely new around here, but my friend thought i should register and so i did.
Basically, i have been learning how to edit models etc the past few days. I wanted to learn 3 things, Swapping viewmodels, making worldmodels. And setting up an RT scope. I did figure out how to swap viewmodels and make worldmodels.
Sadly i can't figure out how to set up the RT scope. I know there is a tutorial out there somewhere, but sadly its difficult for me to follow, when there is no commentary or documentation of what's going on...

So, if anyone knows how to setup an RT scope. Or can give some advice, i'd really appreciate it.  :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:26:53 PM by JoshZemlinsky »

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Help! How to set up a RT Scope for viewmodels?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:42:31 PM »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:44:32 AM »
As I know you need to make the Scope hole inside, then use SubViewCam, dont ask me how to exactly do this, I have no idea.

Also a honor to have you on BSNOOCH, sir.The HL2 beta related stuff u made is awesome *Wants Libary of Leaks maps back*

EDIT:

Found this: 3D Scope tutorial for HL2 by eviltiki100, Part 1

2nd Edit:

I just saw you commented that you cant follow the tutorial.Sorry, I ran out of ideas.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:52:25 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline JoshZemlinsky

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
Well thanks guys, and oh i didnt make myself clear. I did learn how to swap viewmodels and make worldmodels. I wanted to know how to do RT Scopes, and yeah the video you linked to is the one i tried to follow. But thanks anyways.
And for Library Of Leak Maps, maybe one day.... Maybe.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
Well thanks guys, and oh i didnt make myself clear. I did learn how to swap viewmodels and make worldmodels. I wanted to know how to do RT Scopes, and yeah the video you linked to is the one i tried to follow. But thanks anyways.

Swapping viewmodels?You mean like mirror from Left to right in a modelling program?(I could need that for a custom sprint cfg)

Offline JoshZemlinsky

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:36 PM »

Swapping viewmodels?You mean like mirror from Left to right in a modelling program?(I could need that for a custom sprint cfg)

Way more complicated my friend :P
http://i.imgur.com/XFk5g.jpg
Check that image. Basically, model swapping is the same as people refer to called "Model hacking" I just think the word hack is alittle... well i dont know xD Basically what i did was, i swapped the HL2 beta OICW to a brand new M4 Carbine with a Masterkey. :) That way it keeps the animation, and you can throw any CSS skin onto a pair of HL2 hands if you must!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:46:13 PM by JoshZemlinsky »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »

Way more complicated my friend :P
http://i.imgur.com/XFk5g.jpg
Check that image. Basically, model swapping is the same as people refer to called "Model hacking" I just think the word hack is alittle... well i dont know xD Basically what i did was, i swapped the HL2 beta OICW to a brand new M4 Carbine with a Masterkey. :) That way it keeps the animation, and you can throw any CSS skin onto a pair of HL2 hands if you must!
OHH that yeah I can already do this.I tough mirroring the viewmodel.