Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Standalone SMOD + variants  (Read 3245 times)

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
Standalone SMOD + variants
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
Yeah finally made my smod and my  favourite smod variants totally independent from the clutches of steam, updates of doom!
It works totally offline and without steam installed.
Details how to do it well it's easy...the steam emulator is the crucial part though but I think I'm forbidden to post that here
but if not I'll explain soon.
Much tnx btw to Onemanshow for some of the tips on how to do it posted on the other thread.

Whether you do this or not it's important to at least back up all your gcf for future endeavors
and the emulator and gcf extractor as well you can easily find via google and all tutorials for making standalone games.

NOW MY SMOD/S ARE ALIVE FOREVER!!!! now making back-up copies...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:22:38 AM by IronCore »
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
Re: Standalone SMOD + variants
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
So you've "grabbed" my idea and made your SMOD NS, that's great but it's illegal to do so.
Don't talk about it.
Don't think about it.
Don't share it.
Act normal.

I've lost.
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline IronCore

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
yeah hehe but been planning to this a long time since well you know freaking steam is like an unstable platform that is constantly evolving as time goes by and mods are always the first to go down once another pesky big changes happens and smod is the greatest, it's a gamer's weapon mods (+ more) wet dreams lol!

I think anyone who bought the games have all the right to make their standalone anytime they want to like for example
someone suddenly reformatted their laptop or forgot to set steam off line before logging out online or steam got hack big time all usernames and password stolen LOL and their on the mountains for a one week get away, no internet within a 100 miles but he's dying to play some smod or or css or hl2dm or dods with bots before going to bed. luckily he has all his back up ready made standalone on his portable 30 Terabytes external drive so just plugin the ED on the usb port and his gaming in no time.

Offline TheMann25

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • TheMann25 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
This wouldn't be illegal if you are not selling it right?

Does this non-steam Smod have everything on it working like phong, bloom, motion blur, and so on?

Is it compatible with ordinary HL2 maps? My copy of Smod runs of Lost Coast but not very well seeing as phong, bloom, motion blur, and many maps don't work on it.
This is a catchy signature.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
Yes, you just need to "upgrade" it properly...
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline IronCore

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:24:39 AM »

Yeah as long it's for personal usage it's totally cool and quite needed really if you really love these games and wants them alternatively working independently so the stuff you love about it won't change and finally avoid those sneaky anti -mod updates steam does under our nose.

Does this non-steam Smod have everything on it working like phong, bloom, motion blur, and so on?

Is it compatible with ordinary HL2 maps? My copy of Smod runs of Lost Coast but not very well seeing as phong, bloom, motion blur, and many maps don't work on it.
So far it works like 95% so far for CSS SCI FI, SMOD redux/CSS redux, smod tactical leaked version. I'm getting some minor menu and in game text bug like when I hit save it says...#HL2_Saved...instead of "Save...". One map kicks me back to the menu...but if I simplify the mapadd script it loads fine. All default/custom guns, models, sounds and maps working, etc, no errors or pesky checkered pink textures. Even bloom that I hate so much works hehe. For AI, same nasty combines and sweet Alyx and rebels working fine.

For original SMOD40/a looks like it's working 100%...all goodies working.

I'm also backing up my entire STEAM folder and it's registry entries so I can
trick my other pc using this back up to run it there totally offline and stagnant.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:31:02 AM by IronCore »

Offline TheMann25

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »

Yeah as long it's for personal usage it's totally cool and quite needed really if you really love these games and wants them alternatively working independently so the stuff you love about it won't change and finally avoid those sneaky anti -mod updates steam does under our nose.

So far it works like 95% so far for CSS SCI FI, SMOD redux/CSS redux, smod tactical leaked version. I'm getting some minor menu and in game text bug like when I hit save it says...#HL2_Saved...instead of "Save...". One map kicks me back to the menu...but if I simplify the mapadd script it loads fine. All default/custom guns, models, sounds and maps working, etc, no errors or pesky checkered pink textures. Even bloom that I hate so much works hehe. For AI, same nasty combines and sweet Alyx and rebels working fine.

For original SMOD40/a looks like it's working 100%...all goodies working.

I'm also backing up my entire STEAM folder and it's registry entries so I can
trick my other pc using this back up to run it there totally offline and stagnant.

Could I have a copy?  ... I totally wont redistribute it *looks around*.

This should have a kind of download that needs a password or some sort of permission.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:10:23 AM by TheMann25 »

Offline IronCore

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:53 AM »
@TheMann25.....Oh man wish I could share you all the files but smod + variants + hl2 combo alone is 11+ gigs already, uncompressed.
then you also need dods, css and hl2dm each game I set up as fully working standalones each one around 5-10 gigs so all
about 40 gigs of source goodness hehe. 7zip can compress all it down around 15 gigs probably but is still so darn huge.

So I'll just guide you how to ...but not here of course.

Offline TheMann25

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:59:45 AM »
All I really need are the CSS and EP1 GCFs.

Offline IronCore

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
wrong you need hl2 full content first...or else you wouldn't get a perfect working smod in the first place.
google is your friend...our dearest friend lol!

Offline TheMann25

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
I have the half-life 2 and HL2 Deathmatsch GCFs.