Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Smod Wiki shut down forever (not!)  (Read 6949 times)

Offline alvaol62

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • alvaol62 has no influence.
Smod Wiki shut down forever (not!)
« on: March 17, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »
http://smod.wikidot.com/start

Also they leave a nice little message at the end. Wow.

This leaves Bsnooch as the only survivor of this apocalypse. I don't know what is going to happen now, but I can tell you that I will keep fighting to keep this mod alive. No matter what anyone says.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:25:50 PM by alvaol62 »

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
Re: Smod Wiki shut down forever
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
A little over exaggeration here  :P but like you said, we'll be fine and keeping SMOD going.

Offline JoshZemlinsky

• JoshZemlinsky has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
Incredibly (f**king) stupid how they just shut it down... They even say it still has visitors, and they were having it up for free... This is so pointless, i really hate how they act as if we are stupid, for keeping probably the greatest mod ever alive.

The last message at the bottom is like "F*ck you Smod fans! Lets see you keep your mod alive now, haha!"

As Alvaol said, i will continue to fight for the survival of this mod. It is old, but not outdated. It still has a great potential, and more can be done with it then i ever expected.

I have an odd feeling that who ever made the wiki got really pissed when Valve announced the SteamPipe update... He most likely shut it down in anger. The way everything is written smells like that by a far bit.  (I have actually done similar things cause of anger)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »
SUX! I learned most stuff about SMOD from there. What is going on? I have a feeling that SMOD keeps dying, but not for me!

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »
DAMMIT, how am I going to recreate SMOD after my HL2 Mod is done and I start on SMMOD if I don't have a vast documentation of it (To get close to the original as best as I can for compatibility)!? BULL FREAKING HORSE-<The following word means the fecal matter of organic creatures>!

Edit:
Robots.txt Query Exclusion.

We're sorry, access to http://smod.wikidot.com/ has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt.
Read more about robots.txt
See the site's robots.txt file.
Try another request or click here to search for all pages on smod.wikidot.com/
... Dammit, no internet archive either.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:35:34 PM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
I had thought that maybe, just maybe, things had changed.

Nope. Still just as bitter and spiteful as I remember. So that's it then? A not-at-all-sorry goodbye post and a petty snipe toward the entire user base?

Oh, and a not-quite-plug for CSS: SCI FI. Okay, Ken. See ya.

I have an odd feeling that who ever made the wiki got really pissed when Valve announced the SteamPipe update... He most likely shut it down in anger. The way everything is written smells like that by a far bit.  (I have actually done similar things cause of anger)

Hahaha you don't know Ken, do you? Dude hates everything that's been created with SMOD aside from CSS: SCI FI. I've already posted a fix for SMOD that should hold against any future updates, so I'm not really buying this. Seems like it's just a excuse to shut down his wiki so he doesn't continue to enable SMOD-mods he loathes.   

At least, I'm pretty sure this is Ken. I think Happy_Cat had his fill after this:

Sure hope he used a script for that. :o

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »

Nope. Still just as bitter and spiteful as I remember. So that's it then? A not-at-all-sorry goodbye post and a petty snipe toward the entire user base?

Hahaha you don't know Ken, do you? Dude hates everything that's been created with SMOD aside from CSS: SCI FI. I've already posted a fix for SMOD that should hold against any future updates, so I'm not really buying this. Seems like it's just a excuse to shut down his wiki so he doesn't continue to enable SMOD-mods he loathes.   

At least, I'm pretty sure this is Ken. I think Happy_Cat had his fill after this:

Sure hope he used a script for that. :o

;~; I think I might go into a coma after this. *Falls dead into a coma*
._. I love coffee.

Offline JoshZemlinsky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

Never heard of him, still.. It was a real d*ck move from his side to shut the wiki down.  :'(

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
I have been modding smod since around 2007 and won't stop no matter what. Guess what game I modded since 1994? Wolfenstein 3D. I started out doing that as a kid and when I get hooked on something easily customizable and fun I'll keep doing it no matter wether Windows disallows DOS or Valve changes formats.

I recognize this sort of behavior though, sounds to me as the admin of the wiki had a ADHD induced tantrum and will regret it the next day but do nothing about it due to stubborness.

Stand strong comrades, and we will have victory... well, a helluva lot of fun shooting things in the face.

EDIT: Oh, and g'day mates!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:38:07 PM by Troggy Hordesman »
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »
Dear SMOD Wiki Admin, use tampons next time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:28:43 PM by FreeKill »

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »

I have no idea who this Ken guy is, but guys, remember that we have a sticky that has a list of the SMOD Cvars. We don't need the wiki!

Offline alvaol62

• alvaol62 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »

I have no idea who this Ken guy is, but guys, remember that we have a sticky that has a list of the SMOD Cvars. We don't need the wiki!

The wiki wasn't just console commands..

Offline JoshZemlinsky

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

The wiki wasn't just console commands..

Right you are man... I learned alot of stuff from there.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »
It's a well made smod wiki so I think I've copied and save some of the smod wiki pages so anyone who wants them just post by and I'll gather and zip them all up for you...too bad I didn't saved all of it since there's just too many just the ones I really needed during my smod tweaking adventure.

He did mentioned to give it away to anyone who ask for it so anyone tried yet deadline is coming near?

" I just don't like cookie cutter SMOD: X Y Z modifications and god awful "realism" mods that emulate Call of Duty."
--haha someone who can mod hl2 to a full blown cod4 copy is god in my book hehe! that's gonna be really tough excuse me, with all those cool things cod4-mw2-3 bo1-2 has...just too hard to do or anyone already did afaik. may be a few more years some sourcemod scripters can make plugins for csgo/css but damn iron sights plugin alone they already struggling or just not interested.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:15:16 PM by IronCore »
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Xamp

• Xamp has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:51 AM »
Oh, and g'day mates!

Hey buddy, and welcome.

On wall duty again