Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Smod Wiki shut down forever (not!)  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
Re: Smod Wiki shut down forever
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
Quote from: OneManShow
Seems like it's just a excuse to shut down his wiki so he doesn't continue to enable SMOD-mods he loathes. 
I don't know him personally but I totally agree, sounds like shitty excuse to me.

So we gonna do something about it or what?
ATM I'm riping SMODWiki to my hard drive, so it will be possible to somehow restart it .
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline alvaol62

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • alvaol62 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »
Quote from: OneManShow
Seems like it's just a excuse to shut down his wiki so he doesn't continue to enable SMOD-mods he loathes. 
I don't know him personally but I totally agree, sounds like shitty excuse to me.

So we gonna do something about it or what?
ATM I'm riping SMODWiki to my hard drive, so it will be possible to somehow restart it .

Good to know we still have a way to access it. We could start our own wiki and paste everything there.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?ee9zx5ivv3i0n3e

full rip of the Smod wiki, since the original backup has mysteriously gone I've felt like I've should make my own.

I'm doing this because all the information on the wiki are extremely useful, and this is not the final solution to our problem.
If no one will volunteer for an SMODwiki admin, I'll try to start a new wiki (with blackjack and hookers.) however this is the last
thing I want to do because, I simply don't have time to  maintain the wiki or any other website.( not right now at least)

Great start of the week, just brilliant -_-
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?ee9zx5ivv3i0n3e

full rip of the Smod wiki, since the original backup has mysteriously gone I've felt like I've should make my own.

I'm doing this because all the information on the wiki are extremely useful, and this is not the final solution to our problem.
If no one will volunteer for an SMODwiki admin, I'll try to start a new wiki (with blackjack and hookers.) however this is the last
thing I want to do because, I simply don't have time to  maintain the wiki or any other website.( not right now at least)

Great start of the week, just brilliant -_-

many thanks, Pepsi.

Its going to be hard but we just have to keep SMOD alive.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »
Wow tnx soo much Pepsifan04!!!
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 07:09:26 PM »
Mirroring for the sake of SMOD.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36473422/SMODwiki.rar

Offline JoshZemlinsky

• JoshZemlinsky has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »
Thanks Pepsi, appreciate it!  ;D

Also gj Freekill, will be nice to have somewhere else to get it from, just incase.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:49 PM »
Well that kind of sucks...but I would not expect anything less hehe.

This site will continue to stay open. If somebody decides to rebuild the wiki, let us know so we can link it to all the pages and stuff properly.

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:56 PM »
Well that kind of sucks...but I would not expect anything less hehe.

This site will continue to stay open. If somebody decides to rebuild the wiki, let us know so we can link it to all the pages and stuff properly.

I'm in the process of copying the wiki myself and making my own wikidot (Thank god the guy gave out the source code of the pages in a decent package), though I might change a bunch of things (Pics mainly, and add bunch of hidden SMOD stuff we might still find on the way). Anyone who's willing to admin the real SMOD wiki (I would, but I'm scared as hell that I might cause anarchy and nuclear fallout).
._. I love coffee.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:17 AM »
"(I would, but I'm scared as hell that I might cause anarchy and nuclear fallout)."

hehe don't worry we are here to back you up.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline alvaol62

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »
UPDATE

Quote from the wiki author:

"NOTICE: The wiki has been re-opened. However, this will not last for long and we are looking for new administrators. Anybody interested in taking over has until the end of WEDNESDAY (March 20th, 9pm PST/GMT-7) to contact either of us about taking over - and our last few wishes for the wiki. If nobody contacts either of us by then, it will be gone (for good) without notice. If you really care about the wiki being gone, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You can contact me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thisisaterribleurl Alternatively you can contact Happy Cat here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Happy_Cat You can also download a backup of the wiki here: https://mega.co.nz/#!5Eo0XShY!NbUShwx9-3WbaS7NGHvNLHHm-kV3U604hQvkTSfngOo and make your own wiki (with blackjack and hookers.) You no longer have an excuses to complain here. I'm giving you ample opportunity to act on it and "save the SMOD wiki from the horrible apocalypse" … ya dorks. :P"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:27:47 PM by alvaol62 »

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
UPDATE

Quote from the wiki author:

"NOTICE: The wiki has been re-opened. However, this will not last for long and we are looking for new administrators. Anybody interested in taking over has until the end of WEDNESDAY (March 20th, 9pm PST/GMT-7) to contact either of us about taking over - and our last few wishes for the wiki. If nobody contacts either of us by then, it will be gone (for good) without notice. If you really care about the wiki being gone, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You can contact me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thisisaterribleurl Alternatively you can contact Happy Cat here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Happy_Cat You can also download a backup of the wiki here: https://mega.co.nz/#!5Eo0XShY!NbUShwx9-3WbaS7NGHvNLHHm-kV3U604hQvkTSfngOo and make your own wiki (with blackjack and hookers.) You no longer have an excuses to complain here. I'm giving you ample opportunity to act on it and "save the SMOD wiki from the horrible apocalypse" … ya dorks. :P"

Oh, I got permission to admin it a few days ago.
._. I love coffee.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »
If you do take over the old wiki, make sure the former admins are removed from administration positions. They are ready to wash their hands of it so no need to keep them around. Otherwise, if that's not an option, I would say just start a new one.

My $0.02

Offline alvaol62

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:59 PM »
If you do take over the old wiki, make sure the former admins are removed from administration positions. They are ready to wash their hands of it so no need to keep them around. Otherwise, if that's not an option, I would say just start a new one.

My $0.02

I have been talking to Ken today, and he told me that the wiki will remain active for now. Happy Cat, the other author, will lead it now.

Ken also wanted me to tell you that he is sorry for the message he left at the end of their shutdown message. He said it was an inside joke not directed to us, and that he didn't expect that it would cause such drama.

His wish about the wiki is that we contribute to it. He declared that the lack of contributions is what made him lost interest in its maintenance.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:33:07 PM by alvaol62 »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: Smod Wiki shut down forever (not!)
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 01:58:49 AM »
Heh there is no drama. As far as I am concerned, it would have just slipped into oblivion if somebody hadn't posted it. I'm just trying to give some advice based on my 7 years of perspective with the SMOD community.

These two isolated themselves...I carry no grudges against them, and I have been linking to their wiki since 2011 at least. The farewell snipe is just a period to the end of a pitiful story, one that we closed the book on a few years ago.

Anyways, I guess the publicity stunt has come to an end, and I've had a chuckle or two musing about these past 7 years. If the wiki changes hands or addresses or whatever, please contact one of the Greens or Blues and we will update the link to it.

edit: let me just add that, if one of the users from our forum takes over the wiki, we will support you 100%. You all have been very awesome and I thank you for keeping this poor old dead mod alive and kicking :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:28:40 AM by BIZ »