Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Huge problems with saves on SMOD40a  (Read 6157 times)

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
Re: Huge problems with saves on SMOD40a
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
Have you tried another SMOD to see if it does the same thing?

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »
I have tested the map in vanilla smod, no problems. Going through the mapadd script, my own script have more removed nodes (for randomspawns) and some additional spawned items, but is otherwise identical with the exception of the spawned combine now being hostile which shouldn't affect this.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:37 AM »
I have tested the map in vanilla smod, no problems. Going through the mapadd script, my own script have more removed nodes (for randomspawns) and some additional spawned items, but is otherwise identical with the exception of the spawned combine now being hostile which shouldn't affect this.

maybe too many entites wich cause the .sav file to gop too big?

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
I fixed it by using the vanilla mapadd script, the second Ravenholm map (d1_town_01a) apparently crashed while loading for some makeshift reason so I will have to go through the entire Ravenholm, map for map, and restore it and redo everything.

Pretty weird since I did not encounter this problem the first time I played through it.

EDIT: The second map crashes no matter what, unrelated problem. I will see if I can fix it and if not, will make a new thread for it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:56:15 AM by Troggy Hordesman »

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
Seems like the overflow error remains, I merely pushed it further into the map (right after Grigori's second appearance instead of right before the first). Whatever is causing these problems, it sure doesn't like Ravenholm.